Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    Just ask Bernie, Liz, Bloomerg and 'ol Joe what they think of the GOA. They'll say "huh?"

Then ask what they think of the NRA...
    Quote Originally Posted by ditcherman View Post
    How do you actually know this?
    I get the feeling we may be biased by what we read and see, call me crazy I know...
    I would love to know this firsthand because I've heard just the opposite.
    Those are all very public people with many available news reports, articles and videos with them expressing their distain for the NRA.

Go right ahead and link where they have commented on the GOA.

I'm happy for you to prove me wrong. Please do.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

User Info Menu

Those are all very public people with many available news reports, articles and videos with them expressing their distain for the NRA.

Go right ahead and link where they have commented on the GOA.

I'm happy for you to prove me wrong. Please do.
    What's the point? Of course the left is using the NRA as the straw monster for political purposes. That's not evidence that the NRA is the only .org highly involved in defense of the 2A, if that's what you're trying to say. I don't think their strategy would even be served if they acknowledged there were other major players on the gun rights side.
    I have spoken.
    If youíre woke you dig it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    What's the point? Of course the left is using the NRA as the straw monster for political purposes. That's not evidence that the NRA is the only .org highly involved in defense of the 2A, if that's what you're trying to say. I don't think their strategy would even be served if they acknowledged there were other major players on the gun rights side.
    ^^^This^^^ Their target audience (non-gunowners and anti-gunners) ONLY know of the NRA. That's their bogeyman. For the politicians to let them know that their are other (growing) organizations might frighten the sheep, OR it might make the sheep start to think that more people are interested in preserving the 2nd than they thought, and that maybe, just maybe... they might start wondering why that is. Then again, that may be a pipe dream.

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

Our enemy hates the NRA with a passion.

If any other gun rights lobby organization was even a remote threat to them, they'd be singing it from the treetops, just like they do the NRA.
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    I would think it's the NRA/ILA that's fighting in VA. That's not the same (IMHO) as the NRA in general (the one that WLP is in charge of). The NRA/ILA are active in the legislature and court cases, not concerned with sending out junk mail, free hats and range bags. I think they're still worth supporting.
    THIS!! This is a great point, if I was going to be donating money toward anything with the NRA it'd be to the ILA. Otherwise as many have said until the NRA changes GOA or FPC is where my money would go. If they NRA actually did education and some of the things they are/were supposed to we may not have as much of a culture issue surrounding firearms as we do.

User Info Menu

Absolutely. Wayne and his wife need more hotels stays and fancy clothes!

Signed,
    NRA Life Member
    Upwing Extremist

User Info Menu

Our enemy hates the NRA with a passion.

If any other gun rights lobby organization was even a remote threat to them, they'd be singing it from the treetops, just like they do the NRA.
    Itís the gun owners that are the threat. Thatís what gives the NRA itís power. Just keep that in mind. It would be great if the NRA would keep that in mind as well.
    I have spoken.
    If youíre woke you dig it.

User Info Menu

While I was NRA until a few years back, groups like Gun Owners of America (GOA) get my support. NRA has demonstrated wasteful spending, and some questionable support of regulation on Bump Stocks. Granted, if someone wants to waste ammunition that they can afford, good on you. Otherwise, Second Amendment Foundation and GOA (primary for me) garner my $$$.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Yes, I have been noticing the news reports from Virginia. It appears to be the NRA trying to fight this alone, no mention of any other gun groups. I also noticed in the anti gun protests, all their signs were pointed at the bad NRA, no mention of any other gun groups.

with all respect, the GOA was there and pushing for the 2A hard.
    hANNAbONE -- Uncle Gary, Deacon

User Info Menu

I will re-join the NRA when they get rid of the corruption/current leadership that comes from our monies used for their lavish lifestyles.
    I personally cannot and will not stand by and offer my money to any group that doesn't respect me as a volunteer donor.
    YMMV

hANNAbONE -- Uncle Gary, Deacon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast