• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlVine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Owen Co.
    The NRA has been running one of their periodic offers to upgrade a life membership. I haven’t because of the mess I saw at the members meeting at the NRA convention, and the accusations of corruption. What do you think, is the NRA still worth supporting? I haven’t heard about any efforts at reform.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My five year expires in October of this year. I'll reup for a year or five. I'll likely never be a lifetime member. The NRA needs to know I'm not a lock.

It would be foolish for any gun owner to not be a NRA member this election year.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Support as many 2A groups as you can. I just upped my lifetime membership to the next level (Patriot, I believe) because they offered the Easy pay option for it.

I also am a monthly contributor to the GOA and donate, when I can, to the FPC.

I figure it cant hurt to spread it around a little

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    At the protest at the state house in VA they were handing out free 30 round mags donated by Magpul. They might make me SMH at some of their antics but they are still our loudest voice.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yes, I have been noticing the news reports from Virginia. It appears to be the NRA trying to fight this alone, no mention of any other gun groups. I also noticed in the anti gun protests, all their signs were pointed at the bad NRA, no mention of any other gun groups.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Yes, I have been noticing the news reports from Virginia. It appears to be the NRA trying to fight this alone, no mention of any other gun groups. I also noticed in the anti gun protests, all their signs were pointed at the bad NRA, no mention of any other gun groups.
    Lol. You serious Clark?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I would think it's the NRA/ILA that's fighting in VA. That's not the same (IMHO) as the NRA in general (the one that WLP is in charge of). The NRA/ILA are active in the legislature and court cases, not concerned with sending out junk mail, free hats and range bags. I think they're still worth supporting.

VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    Gun Owners of America (GOA) And the Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) are actually taking cases and pushing for reform. I feel the NRA is mostly lining it's pockets at this point, especially after the bump stock incident. I'm a Member of GOA and I was a former member of the NRA for quite a few years. GOA is at the very least pushing for more of our freedoms back rather than Negotiating Rights Away. (see what I did there?:patriot:)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just ask Bernie, Liz, Bloomerg and 'ol Joe what they think of the GOA. They'll say "huh?"

Then ask what they think of the NRA... ;)

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Unhappy lifetime member here, but I would never not support them. I did a lifetime so I can just throw the ton of mail away without worrying about it until I want to support more. I usually support GOA more, a lot less mail and I don't get the sense they're lining their pockets.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Just ask Bernie, Liz, Bloomerg and 'ol Joe what they think of the GOA. They'll say "huh?"

Then ask what they think of the NRA... ;)
    How do you actually know this?
    I get the feeling we may be biased by what we read and see, call me crazy I know...
    I would love to know this firsthand because I've heard just the opposite.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    It was GOA that joined VCDL to try to get a temporary injunction at the capital grounds gfz that was eventually denied. No mention on NRA on any VCDL posts that I've seen.
    So that begs the question, who else is everybody following besides VCDL?

Top Bottom