• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't think Trump has plausible deniability in this matter. There is little doubt in my mind that he orchestrated the Ukrainian arm twisting with the assistance/or at the urging of Giuliani.

Does it rise to the level of crime that would call for his expulsion from office? I don't think a majority of the country believe so.

He got his pee pee whapped by Pelosi. Maybe that is enough to get his heretofore unbridled ego under control. Maybe not.

But please don't attempt to convince rational people that Trump has integrity, honesty and selflessness as key personality traits. He's a lying ******* and the sooner he's gone, the better the chance that we will once again regain respect among our allies.

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? It may be answered that one should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, is much safer to be feared than loved, when, of the two, either must be dispensed with.

The 'respect' of our allies is onerous, expensive, unreliably fickle and pretty much worthless. Put $2 with it and you can get a venti at Quikbux

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    3m936v.jpg

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The 'respect' of our allies is onerous, expensive, unreliably fickle and pretty much worthless. Put $2 with it and you can get a venti at Quikbux

There are a number of ways to defend the necessity of being well-respected in the world. The economic implications are certainly something I think you and I would agree with, but I'm not sure the luddites here would necessarily understand that.

I'm not going to spend the time defending the position however. It is either understood or it is not.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    There are a number of ways to defend the necessity of being well-respected in the world. The economic implications are certainly something I think you and I would agree with, but I'm not sure the luddites here would necessarily understand that.

I'm not going to spend the time defending the position however. It is either understood or it is not.
    yT7uieM.gif

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Yeah, without the adulation of the rest of the world there's probably no way to renegotiate NAFTA and secure a more advantageous trade deal with Mexico and Canada. Or to secure a phase 1 deal on tarriffs with China.

Oh wait.

But anywho, this thread is about impeachment.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Oh. I misread your "rev" remark. I thought the ban hammer was warming up. ;)

Mom said turn off the TV and put the dryer on. Then do your homework.

If only.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom