San Antonio Has Already Spent Over $300K Trying To Keep Chick-Fil-A Out...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Dailywire reports that they have spent at least $315,000 with other invoices pending. What a waste of taxpayer resources for a political agenda.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    While your probably right, I would be interested in knowing how fast food ownership is spread around there. You might be looking at a local business guy trying to keep popular newcomers out.

Always follow the money

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    The godless heathens. Chick fil A is amazing. If there was one on the West side of Bloomington, I would make the owner wealthy beyond his/her wildest dreams.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    SJWs and climate types are dupes of big money a lot of times. The angry urchin is promoting the enrichment of a few at the expense of many.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Remember last year when Purdue tried to keep them off campus?

"Coexistence" involves more lawsuits than you would have thought.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If only spending money on frivolous pursuits bother ANYONE at any level of government...

Up until the Communists fully take over the elected officials can only get by going against the will of the voters so long. The lack of understanding and disconnect in our populace is truly astounding. Like the school board making parents free speech against the school policy and spending taxpayer money to fight for it...

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    For that reason, CFA spending the money makes sense. For San Antonio to spend the money doesn't.

I have long believed that the business community that allowed the bean counters to decide to settle cases rather than fight to the death, had the unintended consequence to actually encourage more suits that actually blew the rationale of the bean counters in the first place...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Don't get me wrong, I like Chick Fil A and have been a fan of theirs for over 30 years; I just tried one of those much talked about Popeye's Chicken sammiches and I'm sold! If I could just get CFA to share the recipe for their waffle fries and CFA packaged mayo I'd never darken their doors again.

Although after making that last statement, in thinking about my visit there today there was this one little manager type female yelling about something the whole time I was there. As I was leaving she was having an exchange with another customer at the million flavor drink machine because it wasn't working. She kept asking him what was wrong with it and he kept telling her it wasn't working. I was able to weed out the rapidly building attitudes on both sides and figured she wanted to know WHICH drink wasn't working. Having witnessed his attempts to get a drink while I waited to refill my own I calmly told her that NONE of the buttons were working.

The other guy was fully disgusted at this point and finally sat down to cool off. Moral is Popeye's can't touch CFA's service of course I don't know of too many places that can.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Don't get me wrong, I like Chick Fil A and have been a fan of theirs for over 30 years; I just tried one of those much talked about Popeye's Chicken sammiches and I'm sold! If I could just get CFA to share the recipe for their waffle fries and CFA packaged mayo I'd never darken their doors again.

Although after making that last statement, in thinking about my visit there today there was this one little manager type female yelling about something the whole time I was there. As I was leaving she was having an exchange with another customer at the million flavor drink machine because it wasn't working. She kept asking him what was wrong with it and he kept telling her it wasn't working. I was able to weed out the rapidly building attitudes on both sides and figured she wanted to know WHICH drink wasn't working. Having witnessed his attempts to get a drink while I waited to refill my own I calmly told her that NONE of the buttons were working.

The other guy was fully disgusted at this point and finally sat down to cool off. Moral is Popeye's can't touch CFA's service of course I don't know of too many places that can.

Sadly I had to swear off Popeyes on the north side because they never failed to make me swear. Their customer service is nothing short of surly...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sadly I had to swear off Popeyes on the north side because they never failed to make me swear. Their customer service is nothing short of surly...

I tried the sandwich at Popeye's near me (Madison Ave on the south side) and the service was okay, but LOUD. They all shouted, whether it was back to the kitchen, or to the customers placing the order or picking up their order. I'm talking almost at the top of their lungs shouting. The customers (not me) all seemed to be just as loud though, so I don't know if the staff was loud because of the customers, or if the customers were loud because of the staff.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I tried the sandwich at Popeye's near me (Madison Ave on the south side) and the service was okay, but LOUD. They all shouted, whether it was back to the kitchen, or to the customers placing the order or picking up their order. I'm talking almost at the top of their lungs shouting. The customers (not me) all seemed to be just as loud though, so I don't know if the staff was loud because of the customers, or if the customers were loud because of the staff.

There's a Popeyes here in Greenfield, chicken is decent but service is very slow, definitely not up to par with CFA.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom