• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It would be better if they tried to save VA before they gave up on it. That battle has only just begun

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You give up on all the normal people trapped there by life and make it more certain their senators and representatives are deep blue, and if they fail financially we'll still pay for a lot of it.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    You give up on all the normal people trapped there by life and make it more certain their senators and representatives are deep blue, and if they fail financially we'll still pay for a lot of it.
    The only ones left will be in the urban areas (DC suburbs), and more likely than not, voting to keep the entitlements coming anyway.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I was looking at their legislative elections. 7 of their 'house' seats that flipped have a margin of victory of less than 6% on record turn-out. It only takes 6 of those to flip to change control of the VA house of delegates and all seats are up for election at once I believe in 2021. The senate takes longer to fix because 4 year terms but they can get rid of Governor KKK in 2021. If they can get record turnout among Republicans, conservatives and patriots I think they can turn the place around, I think Trump has proven that a surprisingly large number of people are fed up with gov't overreach and business as usual. Given what is happening to them under one party rule, if they can't take at least some of it back then yeah it's a lost cause but I'd rather not give up territory to the enemy

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I was looking at their legislative elections. 7 of their 'house' seats that flipped have a margin of victory of less than 6% on record turn-out. It only takes 6 of those to flip to change control of the VA house of delegates and all seats are up for election at once I believe in 2021. The senate takes longer to fix because 4 year terms but they can get rid of Governor KKK in 2021. If they can get record turnout among Republicans, conservatives and patriots I think they can turn the place around, I think Trump has proven that a surprisingly large number of people are fed up with gov't overreach and business as usual. Given what is happening to them under one party rule, if they can't take at least some of it back then yeah it's a lost cause but I'd rather not give up territory to the enemy

The damage will likely be done by then to their RKBA and not likely to get reversed.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It would be better if they tried to save VA before they gave up on it. That battle has only just begun
    This!

It’s looking like VA has turned blue, but there are still a lot of moderates who could vote for a pro-gun President. If the conservative counties leave VA, VA will become as solid blue as NY. VA isn’t NY yet.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    When people run on a platform of gun confiscation and win and the Governor is blackface baby killer it’s doubtful that anything good is gonna happen.

I was in the outskirts of D.C. about a year ago it was the Arlington area it was all Asian ? I think they may have a immigration issue.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    This!

It’s looking like VA has turned blue, but there are still a lot of moderates who could vote for a pro-gun President. If the conservative counties leave VA, VA will become as solid blue as NY. VA isn’t NY yet.

Wouldn’t the difference in population mean VA loses electoral votes and W.VA would gain some electoral votes? Just curious if this would actually hurt us or help us considering all factors

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    This!

But it will be smaller, and of no import to the presidential race as they will have lost some of their electorate to WV, which will add electoral votes that go red.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    And Virginia went to Hillary in 2016 with 13 electoral votes. So if they’re already going blue, reducing their impact on the presidential race, and allowing counties to enjoy their freedoms sounds like a win win to me.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wouldn’t the difference in population mean VA loses electoral votes and W.VA would gain some electoral votes? Just curious if this would actually hurt us or help us considering all factors

No. If those “red” counties succeeded, they’re rural. Not many EC votes transfer, compared to the EC votes that would be won if VA went to Republicans intact.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    A good write up on the matter....

https://www.abbevilleinstitute.org/blog/secession-and-its-discontents/

An excerpt:

Governor Northam and the leadership of the misnamed Democratic Party believed they were in a position to issue diktats expanding abortion, curtailing the second amendment, and punishing those who dare to criticize them. Their inability to underestimate the seriousness of the reaction they provoked does not speak well for their political acumen. If they were unwilling to compromise on issues that deeply divide Virginians, it is doubtful that they will negotiate the loss of Virginia’s rural counties to West Virginia, no matter how contemptuous they are of the people who live there.

Top Bottom