• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    3rd time is the charm and will be the last one if the kids do not keep it civil.
    Trolls will be ejected and name callers will be right behind them.

It is unfortunate that you guys are making me follow this insanity. And follow I will so this is about impeachment OK.

Try and have some fun peoples.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This seems like an impeachable crime to me:

Former national security adviser John Bolton confirms in his new book that Trump ordered a continued freeze on a military aid package to Ukraine in August of 2019 until investigations into the Bidens were announced, The New York Times reported Sunday.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/bol...dered-continued-ukraine-aid-freeze-nyt-2020-1

Congress approved the military aid to the Ukraine, and the president froze it with the condition that it was announced the Biden's be investigated. Keep in mind it wasn't that the Bidens were investigated, but that it was announced that they were being investigated. The Ukraine could have just agreed to investigate the Bidens, and that should've been enough. The fact that it was required that it be announced indicates, at least to me, given that Biden is a potential presidential candidate, that the president was seeking a political benefit in said announcement. That, to me, is an abuse of power, and an impeachable event.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Hope the Trifecta works. Generally come to INGO to get reliable, unfiltered information. Thread II was frustrating with the thread drift and personal tit for tat.

Watching the 6:30pm ABC News on Sunday it seems as though acquittal is a done deal. First 15 minutes was sports hero worship. Then Corona virus. A couple minutes of Hope and Prayer for the four potential Rhinos to defect. Then on to fluff stories. If impeachment was going to result in anything other than partisan gamesmanship it would have been wall to wall coverage on ABC, etc.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

https://www.businessinsider.com/bol...dered-continued-ukraine-aid-freeze-nyt-2020-1

Congress approved the military aid to the Ukraine, and the president froze it with the condition that it was announced the Biden's be investigated. Keep in mind it wasn't that the Bidens were investigated, but that it was announced that they were being investigated. The Ukraine could have just agreed to investigate the Bidens, and that should've been enough. The fact that it was required that it be announced indicates, at least to me, given that Biden is a potential presidential candidate, that the president was seeking a political benefit in said announcement. That, to me, is an abuse of power, and an impeachable event.

But it never occurs to you, given the other 'tell all' books that have come out, that Bolton might want book sales or have a woody for Trump because he fired him? I predict this too will turn out to be a second or third hand nothing burger. I don't think Trump ever trusted Bolton, so I doubt he would ever confide in him

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    tumblr_poolpaszVL1vp5axco3_540.gif

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Hope the Trifecta works. Generally come to INGO to get reliable, unfiltered information. Thread II was frustrating with the thread drift and personal tit for tat.

Watching the 6:30pm ABC News on Sunday it seems as though acquittal is a done deal. First 15 minutes was sports hero worship. Then Corona virus. A couple minutes of Hope and Prayer for the four potential Rhinos to defect. Then on to fluff stories. If impeachment was going to result in anything other than partisan gamesmanship it would have been wall to wall coverage on ABC, etc.

That is spot on. It also goes with my theory that the corruption runs so deep both ways that neither party really wants to call witnesses, no matter how they publicly howl for them.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    But it never occurs to you, given the other 'tell all' books that have come out, that Bolton might want book sales or have a woody for Trump because he fired him? I predict this too will turn out to be a second or third hand nothing burger. I don't think Trump ever trusted Bolton, so I doubt he would ever confide in him

It occurred to me. It also occurred to me that it would be dismissed as such. What we do know, is that Bolton, while still working in the administration expressed his displeasure with the handling of Ukraine, calling it a "drug deal." Also, I have not known Bolton to be a liar, nor a number of other people that have criticized the president, who have worked in the administration or not (i.e. Tillerson, Napolitano), but I do know is that whenever one states something unflattering about him, regularly the defense is "well he fired (or didn't hire) him, so they have a bone to pick." I mean how many times can you use that excuse, before you start to wonder if maybe it's the president that is in the wrong? :dunno:

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

NYT of today is a mere shadow of its former self, trafficking in anonymous sources and has been so wrong so many times lately. I Believe nothing they say...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    As many times as people have claimed to have known something or had evidence of something, especially with respects to books they had written, I might be more willing to go in your chosen direction if so many of them haven't turned out to be bull****. I would think you might give consideration to how many have proven to be liars or just plain wrong when making the judgement about what is the more likely circumstance, especially when you think Trump is a rube so why would you think he would be able to concoct an expert cover-up. He is the most investigated president ever and yet no smoking guns

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It occurred to me. It also occurred to me that it would be dismissed as such. What we do know, is that Bolton, while still working in the administration expressed his displeasure with the handling of Ukraine, calling it a "drug deal." Also, I have not known Bolton to be a liar, nor a number of other people that have criticized the president, who have worked in the administration or not (i.e. Tillerson, Napolitano), but I do know is that whenever one states something unflattering about him, regularly the defense is "well he fired (or didn't hire) him, so they have a bone to pick." I mean how many times can you use that excuse, before you start to wonder if maybe it's the president that is in the wrong? :dunno:

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/30/...-senators-charge-in-opposing-appointment.html
    Bolton Not Truthful, 36 Senators Charge in Opposing Appointment

In a letter to Mr. Bush, the senators cited the disclosure on Thursday that Mr. Bolton had been interviewed by the State Department's inspector general in an investigation of intelligence failures related to Iraq, even though he told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in March that he had not been involved in any such inquiry.

Mr. Bolton "did not recall this interview" when he assured the committee that he had not been questioned by any investigators, according to a letter sent Friday from the State Department to Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr., the ranking Democrat on the foreign relations panel.
    The letter from the senators, all Democrats except for the Senate's sole independent, who usually votes with them, was the latest escalation of the battle over Mr. Bolton.

He has run into heavy opposition in the Senate because of his history of criticizing the United Nations and over charges that he tried to influence intelligence assessments to conform with his own views.

NYT, so I thought byou'd be OK with the source

So, do you think being interviewed by the State Department inspector general is something that you forget about, or do you think Bolton is capable of lying?

Top Bottom