Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 15 of 152 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alpo View Post
    As stated. You express an opinion and it has no basis in authority that I can discern. Your opinion also seems to lack authoritative support or citation,
    Maybe, instead of engaging in logical fallacy (asking for my law degree reference) you should have asked for a court decision citation. I can easily provide the latter. Refer to Nixon v United States (1993). To wit:

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTUS
    The Clause's first sentence must instead be read as a grant of authority to the Senate to determine whether an individual should be acquitted or convicted, and the commonsense and dictionary meanings of the word "sole" indicate that this authority is reposed in the Senate alone. Nixon's attempts to negate the significance of "sole" are unavailing, while his alternative reading of the word as requiring impeachment only by the full Senate is unnatural and would impose on the Senate additional procedural requirements that would be inconsistent with the three express limitations that the Clause sets out. A review of the Constitutional Convention's history and the contemporary commentary supports a reading of the constitutional language as deliberately placing the impeachment power in the Legislature, with no judicial involvement, even for the limited purpose of judicial review...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chipbennett View Post
    Maybe, instead of engaging in logical fallacy (asking for my law degree reference) you should have asked for a court decision citation. I can easily provide the latter. Refer to Nixon v United States (1993). To wit:
    You haven't tied it into a refutation of the Georgetown law professor's article I cited. Saying something is "obvious" when it is obviously NOT, doesn't wash. Support your opinion on how Nixon v. refutes the citation, please.
    I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© Señor Mouse)

User Info Menu

What’s going on interwebs people I have been working for about the past 48 hours what’s new?
    Did President DJT throw in the towel, is Johnny Bolton a backstabbing twit, has Hunter showed up?
    Has Alpo finished the 12 step program for TDS?
    Has KUT stopped being KUT?

Did anyone see where peace might be breaking out in the Middle East? Freaking Tump train just keeps rolling along!
    U.S. Army retired

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    Dershowitz rather than say he was wrong about Clinton, says he's more correct concerning Trump.... even though it seems agreeing with something he previously disagreed with. That simply doesn't make sense. When something doesn't makes sense, I try to look beyond what is simply presented. Not to mention, generally the people that Dershowitz has defended have been thought to be guilty. It's a Who's who of scumbags: Tyson, OJ, Epstein, Jim Bakker... etc, etc... just sayin', he knows how to pick them
    Even the poorest and most indigent defendant is held to have a right to an attorney. Is having greater means and employing a higher caliber of legal talent somehow to be held in contempt? And if defending OJ is a disqualifier, what then of Johnny Lee Cochrane Jr? If defending someone thought to be guilty (like Clinton) is a disqualifier, then whither Cheryl Mills (pick either Clinton here, she's kutsistent)
    Who knew liberty would contain so many stems and seeds

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brad69 View Post
    What’s going on interwebs people I have been working for about the past 48 hours what’s new?
    They finished the impeachment, we have President Pence now

Crowds are angry, want to impeach Pence, saying to replace "pray the gay away" with "woke the straight away"

Otherwise, things are going alright. It all happened pretty fast.

User Info Menu

I am somehow reminded of the little dog "helping" the other little dog across the street. Moral of the story....be careful coming to the aid of a drowning man. He may pull you under.

Quote Originally Posted by William Arthur Ward View Post
    A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life.
    *.*

User Info Menu

I am ok with President Pence who did he appoint VP ?
    U.S. Army retired

User Info Menu

Next time....I'll do a GOP lifesaving technique: If you are drowning 100 feet offshore, I'll throw a 51 foot rope and tell you I've met you more than half way.
    J'approuve!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brad69 View Post
    I am ok with President Pence who did he appoint VP ?
    Pelosi. She was on deck anyway.
    I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© Señor Mouse)

User Info Menu

That might work Pelosi is a crafty woman her evil would counter Pence’s honesty and values nicely.

U.S. Army retired

Page 15 of 152 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast