Who is going to run against Mitt Romney in Utah?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Utah is very red as a state goes but the Romney money has some pull....Mitt is a horrible Mormon and has proven time and time again to be a worthless dungpile. So any halfway decent conservative running against him in Utah...should be able to beat him like a dirty rug.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Romney isn't up for reelection again until 2024. His split impeachment vote will be all but forgotten by then.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The dirty truth of DC politics is that the outcome of all votes is known well ahead of time. When the outcome is known, and there are votes to spare, some horse-trading always happens and it's not uncommon for a few people to be allowed to defect when it is known that they will not affect the final vote. Frankly I'm surprised it wasn't more.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm not so sure about that, I vividly remembered Joe Donnelly for 6 years.

Very good point. When ole Joe was a representative running for senator I called his office and told them if he voted yes to Obummercare I would never forget and would work against him and fund his challenger in the next election. I called Joes office every time I donated to his opponent...

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The dirty truth of DC politics is that the outcome of all votes is known well ahead of time. When the outcome is known, and there are votes to spare, some horse-trading always happens and it's not uncommon for a few people to be allowed to defect when it is known that they will not affect the final vote. Frankly I'm surprised it wasn't more.

WSJ reported that the real fight over the votes was about the fight for senate control in the 2020 election. Pierre Delecto helped the dems in the advertising war for the senate.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    WSJ reported that the real fight over the votes was about the fight for senate control in the 2020 election. Pierre Delecto helped the dems in the advertising war for the senate.

If you do not know who Pierre Delecto is you should look that up. Pathetic, yes Romney is Pathetic...

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Unfortunately Memory about politics tends to be very short. Sometimes 30 days or less. Now Trump could be the exception. Current issues certainly can rewrite the book on memory. Check back and see how Romney is in 30 days. No disagreement on my feeling of where he is at. His failure to do anything in the 30 days before the 2012 election soured me forever. I was never a fan to begin with. Almost like it was engineered. I do believe Utah will remove him in four years but we will see.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Carpetbagging opportunist similar to Hillary.

Utah is the mothership. Mitt's father was governor of Michigan, Mitt, Massachusetts, his grandfather lived in Mexico...

...all are welcome back to Utah because once an insular group has declared itself persecuted, any loyal member of that group is A-OK to the group members....and there are plenty in Utah. They were "carpetbaggers" in Michigan and Massachusetts. They are "native sons", more importantly "one of us" in Utah.

Honestly, this "how did he get elected in Utah" question befuddles me as it seems obvious.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Utah is the mothership. Mitt's father was governor of Michigan, Mitt, Massachusetts, his grandfather lived in Mexico...

...all are welcome back to Utah because once an insular group has declared itself persecuted, any loyal member of that group is A-OK to the group members....and there are plenty in Utah. They were "carpetbaggers" in Michigan and Massachusetts. They are "native sons", more importantly "one of us" in Utah.

Honestly, this "how did he get elected in Utah" question befuddles me as it seems obvious.

It is not unusual for most folks to not know this type thing about a religion they likely have never studied.

I posted this in another thread...

A Utah state legislator has already filed a bill to begin the process of recalling Romney. I think he may just flip parties if his constituents do not watch him close. I despise Romney because he had three good options if he wanted to run for senate. He could have manned up and fought a real fight and taken a dem seat away in Massachusetts, he could have manned up and fought a good fight to take away a dem seat in Michigan, and probably could with Trump support, but no, he takes a true conservative seat from Utah and makes it a moderate seat weakening the republican party not strengthening it.

This is really what I find worthless about loser Romney...

Top Bottom