• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We’re nine months from Election Day. This **** is going to get out of hand.

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    Times-Union reported. “Several Duval County GOP volunteers were working at the registration tent when a white man in his early 20s driving an older – possibly 1980s – brown van (I.e. Mom's van) pulled up toward the tent

Just a WAG on my part.

MH

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    They say TDS ain’t real?

And this was in Jacksonville, a Navy town. Imagine trying to work a voter registration event with Trump 2020 signs in some left-coast Wal-Mart parking lot.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    84496579_2496805343901277_6679656125127720960_o.jpg

In self defense of course... After all the guy is aiming vehicles at people.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I haven’t seen where the Democrats have denounced this yet.

Well, the locals did...

Daniel Henry, the President of the Duval County Democratic Party, released a statement saying he condemns the attack: “The Duval County Democratic Party condemns this cowardly act of violence. No one’s life should be placed in danger for exercising their first amendment rights. As Democrats, but more importantly, as residents of this great city of Jacksonville, we call on our fellow citizens to act with dignity, civility and respect for one another during this election cycle and beyond. We look forward to JSO’s arrest of the perpetrator.”

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Well, the locals did...

Daniel Henry, the President of the Duval County Democratic Party, released a statement saying he condemns the attack: “The Duval County Democratic Party condemns this cowardly act of violence. No one’s life should be placed in danger for exercising their first amendment rights. As Democrats, but more importantly, as residents of this great city of Jacksonville, we call on our fellow citizens to act with dignity, civility and respect for one another during this election cycle and beyond. We look forward to JSO’s arrest of the perpetrator.”

A tip of the hat to them.

Yes I edited this idiotic response.

Last edited by a moderator:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    (full disclosure: I've never had some TDS ***hole in a van drive through the tent where myself and four other volunteers were working. I honestly don't know how I would react.)

No one was hurt (I'd say through the Grace of God.) Obviously no one was in the tent (pop-up roof tent, but with tables your exits are limited.) How old were the volunteers? It is Florida after all. Republican voter registration drive, were any/how many armed? Handgun licensees in the Sunshine State are north of 1 million.

Now we get to the (applying Indiana law here since this is INGO nor FLAGO) self-defense/use of force part: he's still at large so this didn't come up. POS vans are deadly weapons. First thoughts: Account for the other four because someone is hurt bad? Draw down on TDS ***hole? He got out of the POS van and started videoing, any reason to think the threat is over?

A van driving through your workplace is one hell of a flash-bang. Again I don't know how I'd react. Only 268 days until Election Day boys and girls!

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Wonder what the idiot’s race had to do with the story?

Giving a description of the perp could help get a lead on who they are or where they went.
    Somebody may have seen a man running away and be able to give the police more details on him.

Give the public the tools to be of help.

Personally, I hate reports of crimes where a description of the perp isn't given.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    (full disclosure: I've never had some TDS ***hole in a van drive through the tent where myself and four other volunteers were working. I honestly don't know how I would react.)

No one was hurt (I'd say through the Grace of God.) Obviously no one was in the tent (pop-up roof tent, but with tables your exits are limited.) How old were the volunteers? It is Florida after all. Republican voter registration drive, were any/how many armed? Handgun licensees in the Sunshine State are north of 1 million.

Now we get to the (applying Indiana law here since this is INGO nor FLAGO) self-defense/use of force part: he's still at large so this didn't come up. POS vans are deadly weapons. First thoughts: Account for the other four because someone is hurt bad? Draw down on TDS ***hole? He got out of the POS van and started videoing, any reason to think the threat is over?

A van driving through your workplace is one hell of a flash-bang. Again I don't know how I'd react. Only 268 days until Election Day boys and girls!

I am absolutely positive how I would react. 100%

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I dont know how much time we would have to react to something like this. I guess it just depends on how much advanced warning people had.
    In one report I read it said he was revving the vans engine before he charged towards the tent. Maybe that gave people enough time to escape.
    I think the most important thing to do would be to try to get people out of the way first. Even if you shoot the guy the van is still moving. What other structures are around or bystanders?
    As much as Id love to ventilate a POS like that sometimes being a good witness as you get people to safety is better than a shooter.
    Now if the guy was circling back around, or driving down a crowded street maybe differnt actions?
    You just will know when you are faced with it.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Grandma is going to be super ticked about her van. Especially if it was a full on camper conversion.

Edit: Saw the picture of the van, good ol' Astro van.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom