Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    I think it's because he is pushing and attempting to exceed the limits on powers given to the Chief Executive. If one thinks that the office of the president already, even before Trump, had too much power, then the fact that Trump is using those powers well beyond what any prior Chief Exec has tried then that should be cause for concern.
    But that of course would assume that people really do think that the office of the president has too much power to begin with.
    Please trust we agree that the office of President has too much power. This is because of outright congressional action giving away power and quietly sitting by while Presidents have taken their power, failing to protect what the framers entrusted them with. I think that congress and the President should be pushing boundaries, and zealously guarding their constitutional powers and doing all they can for the people. I do not consider it a negative Trump pushes the boundaries to enact his agenda, no more than I think it negative that congress protects theirs. That is what checks and balances is all about...

I am reminded of that asinine emergency war powers act that a lazy congress gave to the office of President, and all the whining about Trump using it to fund wall construction. It said what it said suckers, Trump was right to use it. Take it way if congress didn't like it.

My perception of the current situation is congress frittered away their power and are upset Trump, the uncontrollable President, is using that power...

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    I will demonstrate font size 4. ​Notice anything?

Does anyone else just ignore/not read posts written in blue that are more than one or two sentences long, because they are so hard on the eyes?
    With so many places beating dicks I think it's gonna hurt dicks bad.

User Info Menu

I will demonstrate font size 4. ​Notice anything?

I do and with Old Eyes on High Resolution, I Prefer 3 or 4 also. To each His Own that Suits Their Needs
    Freedom is defined by the character of those who defend it

User Info Menu

I think it's because he is pushing and attempting to exceed the limits on powers given to the Chief ...the fact that Trump is using those powers well beyond what any prior Chief Exec has tried then that should be cause for concern.
    "I think " hardly qualifies as a discussion point.

Specifics, please. Details of your charges. Examples that exist in reality?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hkindiana View Post
    Does anyone else just ignore/not read posts written in blue that are more than one or two sentences long, because they are so hard on the eyes?
    If it's what you want to do, does it matter if anyone else is doing it?
    Who knew liberty would contain so many stems and seeds

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Mason View Post
    "I think " hardly qualifies as a discussion point.

Specifics, please. Details of your charges. Examples that exist in reality?
    Examples? Here's a few.
    Invoking executive privilege over entire agencies
    Using an emergency declaration to divert congressionally approved funds to a pet project
    Sending private citizens to conduct investigations
    Demanding the DoJ investigate political opponents

Now, keep in mind, I'm not weighing in on the justifications of using these powers, or if his authority in doing so, only that they have rarely or never been used by prior presidents, and that his use of is an expansion of the powers the president traditionally wields.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

Examples? Here's a few.
    Invoking executive privilege over entire agencies
    Using an emergency declaration to divert congressionally approved funds to a pet project
    Sending private citizens to conduct investigations
    Demanding the DoJ investigate political opponents

Now, keep in mind, I'm not weighing in on the justifications of using these powers, or if his authority in doing so, only that they have rarely or never been used by prior presidents, and that his use of is an expansion of the powers the president traditionally wields.

Crossfire hurricane?

None so blind ...
    Who knew liberty would contain so many stems and seeds

Master

User Info Menu

Crossfire hurricane?

None so blind ...
    Checkmate...

User Info Menu

Crossfire hurricane?

None so blind ...
    The word "rarely" seems to have been missed
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

The President recently opined on the Roger Stone sentencing and the dems are predictably screaming obstruction of justice. Just under what constitutional caveats does the President lose his ability to opine to the people? Does this just apply to just the President or to senators and representatives?

I get that if a President goes after a defendant of a government prosecution that the defense can use that to claim the trial was tainted, but if the President, the elected overseer of DOJ thinks they are wrong, where is the constitutional authority to stop his speech?

Good old Chuck Todd asks a senator if DOJ should be above elected oversight.

That this self aggrandized eliteist wants an unconstitutional unresponsive bureaucracy over the people, that is beyond criticism by our reps, is truly an insight into their thinking. Even the dem did not go for that.

I hired Trump to go to DC and break some glass draining the swamp. To disrupt the corrupt cabal of dems and repubs, and the deep state they have grown cozy using against even everyday Americans. This conventional wisdom the the President cannot speak his mind for fear of an obstruction claim is just another glass that needs shattered...

https://thefederalist.com/2020/02/13...ccountability/

Sized for Amurica. Must start in 4

Last edited by ashby koss; 02-15-2020 at 23:39. Reason: Fix font
    http://s6.postimg.org/q3wk2jfe9/Sulu_Shields.jpg

01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01100100 01101111 01101101 00100000 01000110 01101001 01110010 01110011 01110100 00101100 00100000 01000011 01101111 01101110 01100100 01100101 01101101 01101110 00100000 01000011 01101111 01101110 01100110 01101111 01110010 01101101 01101001 01110100 01111001

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast