• ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Illinois General Assembly - Bill Status for HB5170

Illinois just can't stop the stupid. If you are not familiar, Illinois requires a Firearms Owners ID known as a FOID card just to touch a firearm, ammunition or some pellet guns. This bill would require a liability insurance policy for $1,000,000.00 before applying or renewing the FOID. Unlike the can't pump your own gas or no gas leaf blowers bill I can see this getting passed. Not only would it only affect the hated gun owners but I would bet there a couple democrats from Chicago in bed with some insurance company. It is all the Illinois way. Jim.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Illinois just can't stop the stupid. If you are not familiar, Illinois requires a Firearms Owners ID known as a FOID card just to touch a firearm, ammunition or some pellet guns. This bill would require a liability insurance policy for $1,000,000.00 before applying or renewing the FOID. Unlike the can't pump your own gas or no gas leaf blowers bill I can see this getting passed. Not only would it only affect the hated gun owners but I would bet there a couple democrats from Chicago in bed with some insurance company. It is all the Illinois way. Jim.

Point the Soft Tail east and keep going until you pass a "Welcome to Indiana" sign.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Point the Soft Tail east and keep going until you pass a "Welcome to Indiana" sign.

Yes, but they need to leave their democratic ways behind as well. To often they move here and vote for the same crap that got them where they were in Illinois

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Yes, but they need to leave their democratic ways behind as well. To often they move here and vote for the same crap that got them where they were in Illinois

I have never had democrat ways and if you knew me like several people on these forums do you would have no worries. Between my wife and I there will never be a vote for a democrat ever. Last election a friend I have known since high school was running for a local office. I wouldn't vote for him because he was running as a democrat. You need to stop them at all levels of government, like in the song "Kill it before it spreads."
    My small town I am leaving behind would actually fit in if it was in Indiana, majority republican. The electronic sign in front of the City Hall is advertising the raffle to raise funds for improving the city park. The village is raffling off fourteen guns and the last fund raiser for youth football was a Barrett .50 BMG.
    So not all of us here in this awful state are brain dead democrats but we are vastly outnumbered by those that are. To be fair Illinois has their fair share of RINOS (Republican in name only.) Don't want to insult my friend by the same name. I really don't know which is worse the democrat you know hates guns or the republican you voted for that votes with the democrats. Don't know about the future of my small town because there are more and more people moving down from the ghetto just to the north. Jim.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene

Still waiting for the attached garage and a few other things to be finished up, plus my well driller has had several delays on that end. He is getting pretty close to being done. There is a chance we will still be able to start moving in by the end of Feb. Jim.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I have never had democrat ways and if you knew me like several people on these forums do you would have no worries. Between my wife and I there will never be a vote for a democrat ever. Last election a friend I have known since high school was running for a local office. I wouldn't vote for him because he was running as a democrat. You need to stop them at all levels of government, like in the song "Kill it before it spreads."
    My small town I am leaving behind would actually fit in if it was in Indiana, majority republican. The electronic sign in front of the City Hall is advertising the raffle to raise funds for improving the city park. The village is raffling off fourteen guns and the last fund raiser for youth football was a Barrett .50 BMG.
    So not all of us here in this awful state are brain dead democrats but we are vastly outnumbered by those that are. To be fair Illinois has their fair share of RINOS (Republican in name only.) Don't want to insult my friend by the same name. I really don't know which is worse the democrat you know hates guns or the republican you voted for that votes with the democrats. Don't know about the future of my small town because there are more and more people moving down from the ghetto just to the north. Jim.

Trust me I know there are plenty of good guys in Illinois. I'm speaking more of the brainwashed Chicagoans that come here, which are vastly Democrats.

For example. They leave Chicago to escape high taxes, and when it comes time to vote for a tax increase here they dont mind voting for it because their taxes are still going to be substantially lower than they were paying in chicago. I see this justification used by the transplants here in my area all the time.

It's a shame these large Democratically controlled cities ruin it for the rest of the constituents within the state.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Why does Illinois hate poor people? :dunno:

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    They want to control the poor. They want no liberty for the poor. Chicago and Rockford. Don't skip over that degenerate little city up there. The lower 3/4 of Illinois is full of great people. I lived there for a little over 11 years because I had to to retire after my plant in Indy was shuttered. Those people said some of the stupidest stuff to me I had ever heard.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’m betting after this passes, because it will, it won’t pass judicial scrutiny. It will be overturned.
    I’m not so sure. SCOTUS has seemed reluctant to take on 2A cases, at least those where they might actually have to establish a precedent. Possibly because John Roberts is a *****.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I’m not so sure. SCOTUS has seemed reluctant to take on 2A cases, at least those where they might actually have to establish a precedent. Possibly because John Roberts is a *****.
    This establishes a real tax on a Right, I don’t think it will even make it to the SC, it will be overturned in the appellate courts.

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    Why do they hate the poor?

They don't necessarily hate the poor they just HAVE to pass laws and regulations to crate as many poor people as is possible to give them a guaranteed enslaved voting base.

The ENTIRE LBJ's Great Society War On Poverty was legislation created for the sole purpose to first create impoverished people then once on government welfare/assistance make it virtually impossible to get off of it there by creating an absolute guaranteed voting base for the drmacRATic party in the 10s of millions of people who became willing slaves to a government supported existence from cradle to grave and for at least four generations now and 50+ years and counting.
    Truly a VILE and EVIL political party.

Top Bottom