China, Friendly Trading Partner Or Determined Enemy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In the wake of the Coronavirus a lot of China news is breaking through.

A Harvard doctor and researcher is arrested for his part in a Chinese scientist recruiting program. It also has been reported that sensitive virus samples were sent to China by him. Two graduate students were also arrested that are Chinese military officers.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/loca...-with-hiding-china-ties-due-in-court/2069587/

Just learning that the world has basically shifted pharmaceutical production to China and even without nefarious intent this Coronavirus could disrupt critical drug supplies. This even affects Advil and Tylenol...

Mansour noted how the coronavirus outbreak in China has exposed America’s dangerous dependence on Chinese production of pharmaceutical and medical supplies, including an estimated 97 percent of all antibiotics and 80 percent of the active pharmaceutical ingredients needed for domestic drug production.
    Gibson said, “If China shuts the door on exports of medicines and the ingredients to make them, within a couple of months our pharmacies would be empty. Our healthcare system would cease to function. That’s how dependent we are.”

https://www.breitbart.com/radio/2020/02/14/expert-china-has-global-chokehold-on-medicine-can-shut-down-our-pharmacies-hospitals-in-months/

Then on top of all that US based companies are lobbying against US security interests at the behest of the Chinese either because of Chinese investment in the companies or to gain access to Chinese markets.

“The real challenge that the president has — and this is what I tried to explain when I went to the White House in 2017, [and] as hard as the government might try to fix this problem — [is] the breadth of what the Chinese Communist Party is doing to incentivize corporate America and Wall Street to really be on their side,” Spalding stated.

https://www.breitbart.com/radio/202...porate-america-as-proxies-to-fight-their-war/

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Over the years I've been involved in a lot of business dealings with Chinese manufacturing. They play the game to win, just like most other foreign states I've observed. Here in the US I've never understood the desire by business to show them how to make what we make here, in the end they always turn it around on you because they play to win. Leadership here seems to be interested in playing to lose, maybe that's fashionable and egalitarian, but it doesn't work out well in the long run.

More than ever leadership in this country seems to want Uncle Sam back at that world bar buying drinks for the house.

The rest of the world plays to win, we should to.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Name one friendly trading partner. Other than the Canadians, eh.

Seriously. Name one that gives the USA the better end of the deal because they are just awesome people like that. Every single other country would stick it to us if they could. Hell, a lot do, because they can.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    "Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over." I remember eating while on manuevers laying in a circle with rifles facing out. Our table was the side of a buttstock of the 16. Importing raw materials is OK. Manufacturing needs to be in the USA.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You ship them our raw materials.
    You ship them our foodstuffs.
    You ship them our intellectual property and manufacturing know-how.
    You educated their engineers and scientists and accountants.

And, what.....there is sour grapes when they enter markets and dominate?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    China Dream, Belt and Road...the ChiComs are our enemy and are bent on world domination. It is written in their documents and is official policy.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Over the years I've been involved in a lot of business dealings with Chinese manufacturing. They play the game to win, just like most other foreign states I've observed. Here in the US I've never understood the desire by business to show them how to make what we make here, in the end they always turn it around on you because they play to win. Leadership here seems to be interested in playing to lose, maybe that's fashionable and egalitarian, but it doesn't work out well in the long run.

More than ever leadership in this country seems to want Uncle Sam back at that world bar buying drinks for the house.

The rest of the world plays to win, we should to.

The predictable results of having no higher loyalty than next quarter's profits and stock price

America First

And that that is the weakness of our markets to outside influence of money from other countries.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Name one friendly trading partner. Other than the Canadians, eh.

Seriously. Name one that gives the USA the better end of the deal because they are just awesome people like that. Every single other country would stick it to us if they could. Hell, a lot do, because they can.

And this is a minimizing of reality type of thinking. We are not discussing tough negotiations, or even sticking it to anyone, but rather about the engagement of economic warfare, in the third link it is explained how the Chinese use our companies to lobby against what our Generals and intelligence are advising to gain strategic military advantage. This is bigger than just business deals, and thus the point of the thread...

Top Bottom