• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I enjoy looking back on some of our threads that chronicle events like the ongoing fake news thread. It would be likewise interesting to chronicle double standards of the powerful.

So put their double standards here...

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I am for some reason particularly bothered by what appears to me to be a blatant double standard in justice lately. It is far more critical, to a truly free society, that justice be equal more than anything else.

Take the recent juxtaposition of Roger Stone vs Andrew McCabe. What a striking double standard!

Roger Stone was charged and convicted (so far, many expect it overturned) with lying to congress. He later to save face pressured a friend to cover for him, jokingly threatening his dog.

"Stone is accused of lying to Congress because he said he had no responsive documents to the following request: “Any documents, records, electronically stored information including e-mail, communication, recordings, data and tangible things (including, but not limited to, graphs, charts, photographs, images and other documents) regardless of form, other than those widely available (e.g., newspaper articles) that reasonably could lead to the discovery of any facts within the investigation’s publicly announced parameters.”

Stone was asked whether he had any emails or communication “about” (concerning) Assange. He said he didn’t, but he obviously did. Not emails withAssange, but “about” Assange. Thus, any idle gossip about news reports mentioning Assange would qualify.

Andrew McCabe is not charged though it is known and I believe he has now admitted he lied.

Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee Chairman Ron Johnson of Wisconsin is demanding the Department of Justice explain its decision to not press charges against former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe for delivering false statements to investigators.

“The former FBI deputy director, Andrew McCabe, lied to the director of the FBI and, under oath, to his own internal investigators and the Justice Department’s inspector general,” Johnson said in a statement Tuesday. “These are established facts. The Justice Department’s decision to not pursue criminal charges against him send the wrong message, that government employees can lie with impunity… I will be seeking a full explanation from the Justice Department as to why they failed to hold Mr. McCabe fully accountable for his flagrant untruthfulness.”

Mr. McCabe's lies did harm to the country! Mr. Stone's did not affect anything of import to the nation, he was not in a position of any power, though I agree he did break the law, but the difference between our governments treatment of the two cases clearly indicates the inequities and double standards...

https://thefederalist.com/2020/02/1...ir-demands-doj-explain-why-it-let-mccabe-off/

https://thefederalist.com/2019/01/29/roger-stone-indictment-undermines-robert-muellers-probe/

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Worried the double standards will not go your way?

No at all.

Double standard? - The call for investigating Hunter Biden for his work in Ukraine, but no such call for an investigation into Ivanka obtaining previously denied (prior to daddy's election) patents for her clothing line in China.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Lying to Congress? My favorite would be when James Clapper testified before Congress that the US government was not spying on citizens and shortly thereafter it was revealed that NSA was engaged in widespread domestic spying.

Why does Stone go to prison and Clapper wasn't even charged?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We tend to see the hypocrisies and double standards in those of the “other team” much easier than those of “our team”. It’s human nature.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No at all.

Double standard? - The call for investigating Hunter Biden for his work in Ukraine, but no such call for an investigation into Ivanka obtaining previously denied (prior to daddy's election) patents for her clothing line in China.

If there is probable cause they both should be investigated...

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I am for some reason particularly bothered by what appears to me to be a blatant double standard in justice lately. It is far more critical, to a truly free society, that justice be equal more than anything else.

**** YEAH!!!

This is the kind of discussion I can really sink my teeth into!

Take the recent juxtaposition of Roger Stone vs Andrew McCabe. What a striking double standard!

Oh?

Oh.

Oh, well. Nevermind. I thought we were going to talk about the weaponization of the criminal justice system, and its long history of divise abuse at the hands of our would-be ruling class...but, I mean, if you want to talk about how those poor, power hungry boot-lickers in DC treat each other...well, that's cool too.

I guess.

Tell the truth, the double stardards I'm more interested in are the ones we (all of us, regardless of political leanings) use to justify our own subjugation at the hands of our "chosen" rulers. When the "other" guys hold the office we are all about "holding people accountable" for deeds we find lacking, but when our guys infringe on our rights, spend recklessly, fight endlessly in wars of foreign hubris...we always find a way to justify the resultant loss in our own liberty.

Top Bottom