• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Another Hollywood actor on my list to not give another penny to thru paying to watch their movies

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Meh. Let him do what he wants. It doesn’t really carry any weight with me either way.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Regardless, I like Clint and what he’s done in the movie industry. He’s at an age where not buying his movies aren’t going to effect him long term, and I’m not sure he’s even making movies anymore anyways. I don’t agree with his decision to back bloomberg, but Bloomberg don’t have a chance in hell of winning anyways so :dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Regardless, I like Clint and what he’s done in the movie industry. He’s at an age where not buying his movies aren’t going to effect him long term, and I’m not sure he’s even making movies anymore anyways. I don’t agree with his decision to back bloomberg, but Bloomberg don’t have a chance in hell of winning anyways so :dunno:

He just made (directed) "Richard Jewell" about the Atlanta Olympics bomber last year.

[video=youtube;im2xrCVE6O8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im2xrCVE6O8[/video]

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    He just made (directed) "Richard Jewell" about the Atlanta Olympics bomber last year.

[video=youtube;im2xrCVE6O8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im2xrCVE6O8[/video]

Oh wow, I thought I read a while back he was retiring from doing anymore movies. At his age, that’s pretty impressive to still have the energy to commit to that.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh wow, I thought I read a while back he was retiring from doing anymore movies. At his age, that’s pretty impressive to still have the energy to commit to that.

Yeah, so a change in his choice of political candidates at this point isn't going to wipe out years of admiration for the man as an actor and director for me.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Yeah, so a change in his choice of political candidates at this point isn't going to wipe out years of admiration for the man as an actor and director for me.

Does for me.

I had thought him a decent person in the past. That was based on what I knew of the man. His acting was always first rate. Also he hadn't made a lot of real stupid public mistakes like a lot of other public figures. I judged him based on what I knew.

Now, I know he has attitudes that side with people who want to destroy the nation, and it's freedoms. That says a lot to me about his personal beliefs. It gives me new information... so I have to update my view of him.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Does for me.

I had thought him a decent person in the past. That was based on what I knew of the man. His acting was always first rate. Also he hadn't made a lot of real stupid public mistakes like a lot of other public figures. I judged him based on what I knew.

Now, I know he has attitudes that side with people who want to destroy the nation, and it's freedoms. That says a lot to me about his personal beliefs. It gives me new information... so I have to update my view of him.

Your choice. But aren't we always ("we" being INGO in general) saying about these actors that pontificate about their liberal beliefs, "Just entertain us and shut up!"? It's not like he's going out and promoting Bloomberg, or his policies. He's provided decades of doing just what we asked for... entertaining us. Someone asks him a question, and he gives an answer that many of us don't like, and we throw all that away? For a group of people that say they don't care what Hollywood thinks, there sure seems to be a lot that apparently do.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    If you only watch actors who are pro 2A then you will be a very bored viewer. I use my co workers to illustrate this point. Many of the guys I worked with were nice people who I liked talking too. However, they were worthless at work and I hated taking runs with them. I separated their work persona from their private persona. I do the same here, their professional work is separate from their private views. Life is much easier this way and heaven knows there is no need to make life any more complicated than it naturally is.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Same here. Not to mention, he’s no democrat, even if he’s backing Bloomberg. He’s stood against almost every leftist policy in the past, and honestly, I don’t really care who he supports and doesn’t. I like his movies, that’s what I pay for. I don’t care for 99% of Hollywood’s political opinions, but that won’t stop me from watching a movie I enjoy. I don’t care for Tom hanks views, but love his movies. This is a big nothing burger to me

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    He doesn't like Pres. Trump, so he supports the guy that's anti-gun, and thinks the little people shouldn't make their own decisions.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Heck, forget movies, if I started disliking people just because they don't like Trump I wouldn't have a family left.

Top Bottom