Los Angeles DA apologizes after husband points gun at Black Lives Matter protest

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Didn't know whether to put this in an existing thread or go it alone.

Here's the Reader's Digest version:

50 BLM protesters show up at the LA DA's house before sunrise.

Husband views it as a threat, draws down on protesters.

LA DA apologizes since... her house didn't get burned down?

[h=1]Los Angeles DA apologizes after husband points gun at Black Lives Matter protesters
    [/h]The Los Angeles County district attorney apologized Monday for her husband for allegedly pointing a gun at about 50 Black Lives Matter demonstrators and threatening to shoot them for showing up to their Los Angeles home before dawn.

Jackie Lacey said she and her husband, David, were awakened and frightened. She said he ran downstairs, and she heard him talking to someone and that when he came back, he said there were protesters.
    Black Lives Matter organizer, Melina Abdullah, told KTTV the protesters rang Lacey's doorbell to meet with her. In a video posted by Abdullah, a man pointing a gun opens the door and says, "Get off. Get off of my porch."

"Her husband met us at the door with a gun," Abdullah told the station. "We heard him cock it, he pointed the gun as he opened the door and then when he saw me, he pointed the gun directly at my chest."
    In the video, a woman off-camera says: "Good morning. Are you going to shoot me?"

The man – identified by Cannick as David Lacey – says “I will shoot you. Get off of my porch."

The woman responds: "Can you tell Jackie Lacey that we're here?"

The man says: "I don't care who you are, get off of my porch right now. We're calling the police right now."

The Los Angeles police were called to a home around 5:40 a.m. regarding about 50 protesters outside a home, Officer Lizeth Lomeli said. No arrests were made.

Neither the LA County District Attorney’s Office nor Abdullah immediately responded to Fox News’ request for comment.

Lacey has clashed repeatedly with Black Lives Matter protesters. They accuse her of being too protective of law enforcement and failing to prosecute officers who fatally shoot suspects.

The Monday morning encounter came a day before a primary election where Lacey, the first black woman to lead the largest local prosecutor’s office in the U.S., is seeking a third term.
    Lacey, a two-term incumbent, is facing George Gascon, the former San Francisco district attorney, and former public defender Rachel Rossi.

Rossi, whose spokeswoman Jasmyne Cannick also posted the video on Twitter, criticized Lacey's reluctance to meet with the protesters.

"As district attorney, I will never run from the community," Rossi said in a statement Monday. "And I never thought I'd have to say it, but I will also never threaten to shoot — or have others threaten to shoot — community members protesting my actions."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/los-ange...d-points-gun-at-black-lives-matter-protesters

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    If any individuals or groups are allowed to intimidate people in the justice system we won't have a justice system anymore. EVERYONE should be upset about this.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If any individuals or groups are allowed to intimidate people in the justice system we won't have a justice system anymore. EVERYONE should be upset about this.

[FONT=&]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&] / RSO[/FONT][FONT="]

[/FONT][COLOR=darkorange][FONT=&]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][/COLOR][FONT="]
    [/FONT][FONT=&]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT="]

[/FONT][COLOR=firebrick][FONT="]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT][/COLOR]

Man I am. This is ****ed up and yes I would have met them very armed.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Ridiculous. Protest anywhere you want, but when you choose my property, with my family inside, I will be armed and ready to use force if necessary, and my wife won’t apologize. Hell, she’ll be armed next to me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ridiculous. Protest anywhere you want, but when you choose my property, with my family inside, I will be armed and ready to use force if necessary, and my wife won’t apologize. Hell, she’ll be armed next to me.

Yeah I would be sending the wife down the road or I would be traveling. Screw that ****. OK it would be me but hell to the no.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hate to say it, but the smart thing to do was just stay in the house and call the cops. The protesters were looking to provoke a reaction and came ready with cameras, scripted replies and probably lawyers. Keep the gun handy, but out of sight.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    5:00 AM I do not answer the door.
    [video=youtube;YD3zIA6vJkQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD3zIA6vJkQ[/video]

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    5:00 AM I do not answer the door.
    [video=youtube;YD3zIA6vJkQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD3zIA6vJkQ[/video]

Good advice.

A number of years ago (after midnight) our phone started ringing. It’s one of those that has that computer sounding voice that announces the caller ID. To this day, I could have sworn it said “Sheriff’s office” (or something like that). Almost immediately, someone started knocking at our front door. Mind you, my wife and I were dead asleep when all of this started. My reaction wasn’t as sage as Mas’ there and fortunately it turned out to be nothing and once my senses came to me, I either replayed the message or looked at the caller ID and it didn’t say anything close to “Sheriff’s office”.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hate to say it, but the smart thing to do was just stay in the house and call the cops. The protesters were looking to provoke a reaction and came ready with cameras, scripted replies and probably lawyers. Keep the gun handy, but out of sight.

Hunker down and wait for the cavalry? Use the doorbell app to instruct the trespassers to leave while on the phone with 911? Be ready if the home is breached? Live-stream the surveillance camera footage to the Po-Po? Pretty good plan.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    After a call to the calvary you would be met by a very unhappy and very armed person and there would no apologies for my actions afterwards. :draw:

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]
    ^This^ They absolutely came there trying to intimidate. You show up with a crowd early in the morning with those intentions and approach my front door you can damn well be assured there will be push back.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Remember, this was in LA. Odds are the cops would have been told to not respond, or they were part of the protest

68NOVA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    nwi
    Just read this.

Would have released the dogs from the back door and went back to sleep.

Top Bottom