Join INGunOwners For Free

Poll: Have you ever been denied a firearm?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Ever been denied a firearm?

Ok I feel violated.... I bought my Sigma the begining of april. Then I go to trade it in and Saturday my NICS was denied!! Never had a problem before, haven't been in any trouble, don't use drugs, NOTHING. So come to find out the appeals process is probably going to take longer than getting my PERMIT TO CARRY. Which it's looking like I'm going to get since they cashed both my MO's. Why I can get a gun, get a permit, and get an Armored Car job, but not get a second handgun is WAY beyond me. Has ANYONE ever had this happen to them or know someone that has?? Cause I honestly feel like somehow somewhere my rights are being violated....

User Info Menu

Honestly I keep waiting for it to happen to me. On average I've purchased almost 1 gun a week this year. Mostly handguns but several rifles. All the purchases have come through 2 dealers, some were transfers, some were special orders, one or two were stock guns. I figure so far I am just beating the odds. The dealer says that I've cleared so many transfers that I will never be denied unless I do something wrong. I don't see it that way, seems to me that any little glitch in the system, even when things are not your fault, can get you hung up on a purchase and cause a denial.

User Info Menu

Well, I've got letters to write to the FBI that I'm not happy about. But I guess if i ever want to buy a handgun again I'd better get it done and over with and be as POLITE as possible. At least I get to keep the guns I already have! LOL If not I'd be all over the news and have an NRA lawyer or 10 backing me up! LOL

User Info Menu

Do they give you a reason? Do you have any idea why you were denied? Do you own a serious number of handguns?

User Info Menu

I have heard of people with common names running into problems. Last year I bought 4 guns in 3 days all single transactions and never had a hiccup. Good luck in dealing with the Government. And to think some people want them to control our healthcare!!

User Info Menu

No Reasoncan be given by the FFL. You must write the FBI NICS division for a reason and then write them again for an appeal. I have no idea why they denied me, there is no reason to. I only own one handgun and that's the one you see to the left and I WAS trying to get a Semi-Compact Baby Eagle 9mm.

User Info Menu

Happens from time to time. Unless you performed a crime, its no big deal. They arent trying to hold out on you.
    It's over for now... it seems... until yesterday begins again...tomorrow...

User Info Menu

Just curious, but if you are denied and you simply wait a week or two and then try again will you be automatically denied again? From what I've been told, and I have no clue if its true or now, but some denials are due to simple glitches in the system.

User Info Menu

Well just to be sure and so this doesn't mess me up somehow, I'm going through the motions. Because what if it's not a simple glitch? Every other time I had been delayed. So who's to say? Hell I dunno. It just seems like crap to me. Damn Brady Act.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SavageEagle View Post
    Every other time I had been delayed.
    What kind of delays have you experienced? It seems to take about 90 seconds to 2 minutes to get my NICS checks cleared over the phone.

Do you have some sort of a very common name that could be easily confused with a bad guy?

BTW, do you give your social security number as an (optional) identifier? That might eliminate your problem?

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast