Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I get the sense on INGO and social media that most Americans are scared. Will this stay at home order ever meet with conflict or will fear prevail and America remain Amerika?

Work did not make the Jews free in the Third Reich, nor were they relocated to Zion.
    No threats to America ever materialized from those locked up with Fred Korematsu.
    Black Americans never started a race war.
    Eradicating smallpox did not require shutting the country down.

The price that has been paid so far cannot be calculated. (I am not just talking about money)

When it is the 4th of July and we are still ordered to stay at home and the summer of 2020 is lost will fear still be the primary emotion or will anger begin to be present?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Hell I am Pissed off right now. But I feel alone in this.
    Who and what do we believe. I have absolutely zero faith in out Gov. to do anything right.

I am not allowed to rep you. You are not alone. Govt is never the solution, ours or any other.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If the common man/woman can not see the insane dog and pony show those side show carney snack oil salesmen are shoving up their tails we are surely lost.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I am not afraid. Am I concerned? Certainly. But we are bombarded with a mountain of information every day, and some of it is good and some is flat out worst-case doom and gloom stuff. Take some time out. Do common sense things (maintain social distancing - that's just good advice when dealing with an unknown like this). Work in your yard. Plant a garden, or some flowers... do "normal" things in what is an abnormal situation in so far as it does not put you or others at risk.

If any of you are fans of "Dune", I think this quote by Frank Herbert is appropriate.

[h=1]“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”[/h]
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have had too many idiots over the years telling me the end is near.

I had a guy come by my house the other night that has totally bought into the panic. Tried to get me to believe all of the worst case scenarios. He had taken a paper towel gathered the edges, tied a rubber band to each edge and hooked them over his ears.

1,00,000 will die.

He said he doesn't want to see people get sick and die. I told him, people get sick and die every day.

It was incredible.
    I asked about auto accidents, heart attack, cancer, the flu &c.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I get the sense on INGO and social media that most Americans are scared. Will this stay at home order ever meet with conflict or will fear prevail and America remain Amerika?

Work did not make the Jews free in the Third Reich, nor were they relocated to Zion.
    No threats to America ever materialized from those locked up with Fred Korematsu.
    Black Americans never started a race war.
    Eradicating smallpox did not require shutting the country down.

The price that has been paid so far cannot be calculated. (I am not just talking about money)

When it is Independence Day and we are still ordered to stay at home and the summer of 2020 is lost will fear still be the primary emotion or will anger begin to be present?

FTFY

Our rights are being eroded in this latest "Panic" to a pretty high degree!
    When we give up freedoms, do we ever truly get them back?
    I don't think so!
    The longer this plays out the more destructive it's going to be.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Yup, I’m with you CM. Cocked/locked/ready to rock for go time. It’s quite a march to D.C. from here, but the state house is close by.

I come from the birthplace of the American Revolution and that place no longer resembles the America I knew 20-30 short years ago. I’m SO glad to be in Indiana right now. I’m VERY concerned for my family back in Massachusetts, but can’t even travel back there to be with them right now because their Governor and Attorney General are working together to keep the population scared and behind closed doors...this is about power and nothing more.

We WILL take it all back eventually. This might be the straw that broke the camels back.

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    I am glad to see I am not alone in this thinking. Government is never the answer. I am concerned that government, at all levels have tasted the blood of the sheeple. This being said, we need to be cautious in what is to come. ~~"One Man's Opinion!"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I see many are like minded. In out expressions and sharing please be careful. :ingo: has boundary's.

I see this as a dress rehearsal for the next side show they cook up after we get through this current impeachment :bs:

Just this mans opinion.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I see many are like minded. In out expressions and sharing please be careful. :ingo: has boundary's.

I see this as a dress rehearsal for the next side show they cook up after we get through this current impeachment :bs:

Just this mans opinion.

Your opinion is probably closer to fact than most care to admit. I also share in your "opinion."

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Just this mans opinion.
    Dress rehearsal? Well boy is my face red. Here I sit in an old sweatshirt, jeans and a t-shirt.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

Just this mans opinion.

So it's not time yet? :dunno: I'll go back inside. I'm not even dressed anyway.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Government is supposed to be the answer, their primary duty is to protect US! They have changed the story so many times that I'm to the point I don't believe anything they have to say. Bottom line is that they flat a%% don't know and don't want to admit it and they are letting the Chinese government off the hook for creating this mess.
    I've told several people, I'm not going to walk in front of a bus but I'm not hiding under my bed either. If they want to sequester someone let them isolate the Chinese government. The Chinese people are unfortunate pawns in this game but it's their government and they have to be the ones to correct the problem. I'm keeping my distance from people because I've had the flu in the past and it was an unpleasant experience I would prefer to avoid. One thing is for certain, we will ALL die at some point but I don't plan on some government guru shaming me into cowering in the corner until it happens. If the good Lord wants me he has lightning bolts at his disposal he doesn't need a virus. :)

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'll play the devil's advocate here.

If the government does nothing and a couple million people die, what would the general public think?

If the government decides to contain and stop the virus, but it sacrifices the economy, and only tens of thousands die, what would the general public think?

How do you make this choice in a reasonable manner that both adheres to our founding principles and doesn't fold us up into anarchy?

It seems pretty clear to me that they're fully aware of all of these factors and are trying to walk the tight rope as best as they can. While the virus its self may not be that big of a deal, its infectivity is a big deal. The only thing I'm growing increasingly angry about is that we should have already been bombing the bio lab in Wuhan for this, instead nothing is even being discussed.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Government is supposed to be the answer, their primary duty is to protect US! They have changed the story so many times that I'm to the point I don't believe anything they have to say. Bottom line is that they flat a%% don't know and don't want to admit it and they are letting the Chinese government off the hook for creating this mess.
    I've told several people, I'm not going to walk in front of a bus but I'm not hiding under my bed either. If they want to sequester someone let them isolate the Chinese government. The Chinese people are unfortunate pawns in this game but it's their government and they have to be the ones to correct the problem. I'm keeping my distance from people because I've had the flu in the past and it was an unpleasant experience I would prefer to avoid. One thing is for certain, we will ALL die at some point but I don't plan on some government guru shaming me into cowering in the corner until it happens. If the good Lord wants me he has lightning bolts at his disposal he doesn't need a virus. :)

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]
    If government is the answer, it was a STUPID QUESTION.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Trump is being played by the Media and Democrats.
    We know that Trump is being played by the Media and Democrats.

No matter how he responds, what he does or does not do, the Media and Democrats will say he did the wrong thing.

Had he done nothing there probably would be more deaths to point to and it may have hurt his re-election.
    Since he has taken all of the precautions he has thae Media and Democrats will say he ruined the economy, but we know that it was the fault of the "panDEMic".

Top Bottom