• Total voters

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    [STRIKE]You know... I haven't missed going out to the movies... we used to do it all the time.
    I can skip it.[/STRIKE]

Oh, thread title update.

Yes, I have been at work since the beginning.
    The phone hasn't been ringing much at all since the majority of my customers are ****ing closed, but other than that. Yeah.

Last edited:

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I voted yes with bells on.
    I'm a chef and I'm ocd about cleanliness. If the restaurant where I worked doesn't reopen then I hope to find a position somewhere...

Roadman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2019
    Nashville
    I have continued to work from my home and look forward to doing some in person customer check ins when my employer allows it. Until then, I can continue to function from home office as long as possible. A lot of people are people shy, so pushing things is not good for business.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Couple questions.

First, why would you NOT go back to work? Once the order is lifted I don’t see why you wouldn’t, unless maybe you’re in the high risk factor and are worried about catching it then I can understand. Otherwise, it wouldn’t be worth losing your job and doing without a check.

Second, why is this in political forums?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm currently furloughed but I work when I can if a customer or someone internal that is working needs something. I chose that I would go back "with bells on" but this is dependent on my employer.

I am sure there will be many businesses that do not bring back their entire staffs. They will anticipate a slow start up and/or will decide to do more with less.

I just hope I'm not one that my employer decides they don't need.:)

I'm not real worried (no point in worrying about tomorrow), but I'm not spending my stimulus money.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Couple questions.

First, why would you NOT go back to work? Once the order is lifted I don’t see why you wouldn’t, unless maybe you’re in the high risk factor and are worried about catching it then I can understand. Otherwise, it wouldn’t be worth losing your job and doing without a check.

Second, why is this in political forums?

1) "Bold type" addresses a big part of what the thread is intended to measure.

2) Would have preferred to post in Break Room, but posted here because it always "goes there."

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Like many others have said, I've never stopped working, but have been working from home. My normal schedule (9 days out of 10 in a 2 week pay period) only has me in the office 4 out of the 9 days. 5 days from home, and every other Friday off (unless I'm required to work part of my regular Friday off, which happens during quarterly release software testing). I'd be okay working from home until at least 12/31/26 - when I can retire. :) There really is nothing that I can do in the office that I can't do from home, with teleconferencing and Skype screen sharing.

Right now, some people are actually going in to the office but as of now they're required to wear a mask. I'm going to do my best not to have to go in as long as that's a requirement. I start getting claustrophobic wearing even a bandana over my face while just going to stores now. No way I could work a full day in a mask, so as long as they have that requirement in place, I'm going to do my best to keep working from home until all restrictions are lifted.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I've never stopped working. I travel for work and I did stop doing any overnight trips. I haven't been taking any jobs where I would have to stay in a hotel.

Most of our clients have implemented rules requiring masks and gloves while on their property.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Never stopped, Employer made very few changes in our day to day operation.
    I will say that we are a contractor for another company, their guys are sitting at home and we are getting more of their work

Top Bottom