Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 672
  1. #601
    Grandmaster BugI02's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by foszoe View Post
    years...
    year
    trillion, billion, million
    "...years" is not exactly an exact specification, so I went with first year - figuring that if a president was committed to reducing spending, he would do so in his first fiscal budget

    Feel free to expand/expound that definition, or prevaricate in whatever other manner you wish. Does it count if he raised it the first year but then dropped from that raised figure the second? The 'point' is still, what's your point?
    Who knew liberty would contain so many stems and seeds

  2. #602
    Grandmaster foszoe's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I am really confused sometimes. I thought Republicans favored less government spending/Democrats more government spending...isn't here a meme floating around here about it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpo View Post
    Draining the swamp....by adding more water. Trickle economics.

    It dilutes the swamp, I guess.
    Orthodox Christian | NRA | GOA | MGNOC | ARRL Member | Purdue Alumnus

  3. #603
    Grandmaster Alpo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    It's just a meme, Foz. It will go away if you listen to some nice music.
    I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© Señor Mouse)

  4. #604
    Grandmaster foszoe's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    The point was not the time frame which you seem focused on it's not even on what a president is commited to so much....it's what the Republican party at least used to stand for, reduction in government spending. Is that in dispute now too?


    Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    "...years" is not exactly an exact specification, so I went with first year - figuring that if a president was committed to reducing spending, he would do so in his first fiscal budget

    Feel free to expand/expound that definition, or prevaricate in whatever other manner you wish. Does it count if he raised it the first year but then dropped from that raised figure the second? The 'point' is still, what's your point?
    Orthodox Christian | NRA | GOA | MGNOC | ARRL Member | Purdue Alumnus

  5. #605
    Grandmaster BugI02's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by foszoe View Post
    The point was not the time frame which you seem focused on it's not even on what a president is commited to so much....it's what the Republican party at least used to stand for, reduction in government spending. Is that in dispute now too?
    I think you're conflating (for Alpo) republican with conservative. If Republicans were so in favor of reduced government spending, why is it they never delivered it?

    The argument is that some people pay lip service to a concept, like fiscal responsibility or we're better than that, when it suits their other agenda(s) - and movement conservatives are not exempt from the flaw. It is oh so easy to be a back-bencher


    Who knew liberty would contain so many stems and seeds

  6. #606
    Grandmaster foszoe's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I think I mentioned that yesterday as part of my frustration. They will talk about it all the time. They will pass balanced budgets, kill Obamacare, and all sorts of other nice things...until they actually have the numbers to ram it through.

    Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    I think you're conflating (for Alpo) republican with conservative. If Republicans were so in favor of reduced government spending, why is it they never delivered it?

    The argument is that some people pay lip service to a concept, like fiscal responsibility or we're better than that, when it suits their other agenda(s) - and movement conservatives are not exempt from the flaw. It is oh so easy to be a back-bencher


    Orthodox Christian | NRA | GOA | MGNOC | ARRL Member | Purdue Alumnus

  7. #607
    Grandmaster BugI02's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    So, what conclusion do you draw from that? That if smaller government is important to you, you should elect Democrats - or vote third party (which in a close election is arguably the same thing)?

    Small government or WBTT voters are in the same bind that 2A voters are. As long as the other viable party is so much worse than the Republicans on those issues, they can sorta' take you for granted
    Who knew liberty would contain so many stems and seeds

  8. #608
    Master nonobaddog's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    When there are only 2 choices and neither one is ideal, that just means you don't get ideal. Vote for the one that makes the most sense to you.

    You know - decide if you like socialism or America.
    #35887

  9. #609
    Grandmaster foszoe's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I haven't drawn a conclusion yet.

    That argument is also getting old. I think the frog and hot water one is making more and more sense. Maybe what we need is a hard left tilt and find out if there really is a silent majority or if they are just a frog.

    Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    So, what conclusion do you draw from that? That if smaller government is important to you, you should elect Democrats - or vote third party (which in a close election is arguably the same thing)?

    Small government or WBTT voters are in the same bind that 2A voters are. As long as the other viable party is so much worse than the Republicans on those issues, they can sorta' take you for granted
    Orthodox Christian | NRA | GOA | MGNOC | ARRL Member | Purdue Alumnus

  10. #610
    Grandmaster Alpo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by nonobaddog View Post
    When there are only 2 choices and neither one is ideal, that just means you don't get ideal. Vote for the one that makes the most sense to you.

    You know - decide if you like socialism or America.
    Yeah. I've seen your America. Jackbooted thugs putting a man to death on the streets of Minneapolis.

    Bravo.

    I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© Señor Mouse)

Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge