Blue Angel's multi-city flyover... morale boost!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    https://www.navy.mil/submit/display...utm_content=100001237905673&utm_campaign=Misc

Cool! This will be right over my neighborhood, looking forward to seeing it!

I tried to search the topic on Twitter, but every comment was a negative/pessimistic rant about 'curing the virus' and how expensive it is.

**** off. These people will seek out negativity in anything.

Right on, I'm looking forward to it

I'm not seeing Indianapolis on their schedule... am I looking in the wrong place?

https://www.blueangels.navy.mil/show/default.htm#show

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That’s the show schedule, which starts in June. They are doing city flyovers until May. Radio said Blue Angels will flyover indy on Wednesday, National Guard will be doing it later in the week.

Oh cool. Any idea what time? I'll be home. If GPIA7R can see them I might be able to also.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    IF they need the hours anyway, I don't see what the beef is..

While America Strong will showcase Department of Defense support to healthcare workers, first responders, military, essential employees, and aims to unite all Americans in the fight against COVID-19, it also fulfills critical training requirements for both teams. Pilots must execute a minimum number of flight hours to maintain proficiency. These flyovers will incur no additional cost to taxpayers.
    https://www.navy.mil/submit/display...utm_content=100001237905673&utm_campaign=Misc

Cool! This will be right over my neighborhood, looking forward to seeing it!

I tried to search the topic on Twitter, but every comment was a negative/pessimistic rant about 'curing the virus' and how expensive it is.

**** off. These people will seek out negativity in anything.

Right on, I'm looking forward to it

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Pretty much a non-event. Several employees standing in the parking lot waiting for little reward.

Saw them at a distance. Pretty small chance they would fly directly overhead.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    No problem finding the time of the A-10 flyover, approx 10:45 AM on Thursday, but I have yet to see a time for the Blue Angel flyover on Wednesday.

And with the Blue Angels, as well as the Thunderbirds, it is not about proficiency as much as it is getting young minds to love what they see to go into sciences or the military itself. Big recruiting thing.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No problem finding the time of the A-10 flyover, approx 10:45 AM on Thursday, but I have yet to see a time for the Blue Angel flyover on Wednesday.

And with the Blue Angels, as well as the Thunderbirds, it is not about proficiency as much as it is getting young minds to love what they see to go into sciences or the military itself. Big recruiting thing.

I'm 60. Reckon it's too late for me... :(

:):

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Pretty much a non-event. Several employees standing in the parking lot waiting for little reward.

Saw them at a distance. Pretty small chance they would fly directly overhead.
    Yeah, it was a gyp. Based on the maps that the local news had posted, they should have flown directly into my air space. But no, all we saw were little planes in the distance. Still, they do fly directly overhead a coupla times a week, so kudos to them for overflying the local hospitals.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

Yep. Every time I go to an air show, I reach for my checkbook, thinking that I would gladly pay more taxes if it could be guaranteed to go to cool hardware! I was at a show in Dayton a loooonnng time ago, and was almost brought to tears when a group of F-4's did a low level pass overhead. You saw them as they passed, then you *felt* the LFE exhaust note, and then, finally, heard them. It was like a religious experience for me. Hallelujah!
    024286d1892aa4dc77cd98d56cd59b77.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yep. Every time I go to an air show, I reach for my checkbook, thinking that I would gladly pay more taxes if it could be guaranteed to go to cool hardware! I was at a show in Dayton a loooonnng time ago, and was almost brought to tears when a group of F-4's did a low level pass overhead. You saw them as they passed, then you *felt* the LFE exhaust note, and then, finally, heard them. It was like a religious experience for me. Hallelujah!
    024286d1892aa4dc77cd98d56cd59b77.jpg

That's an awesome pic! And I remember hearing sonic booms as a kid fairly regularly (back in the 60's), but you never hear them now.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I went to see the Blue Angels practice in Pensacola in 2015 and the air show in Vigo County where they were a few years ago. Honestly, the practice was the best, it was an hour long and free. Seeing the angels from Fort Pickens was cool also. It was fun to watch them fly over my house in 2018 when they were at the air show.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Soooooooo.... We've all but been ordered to stay in our homes and now we're going to have fighter jets buzzing around?!?!?!?

:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

They are that nice paint scheme for a reason. Otherwise the F16-Cs of the USAF Aerial Demonstration Squadron would be painted grey like the rest of the fleet.

The T-Birds been flying the Viper since 1983.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    They are that nice paint scheme for a reason. Otherwise the F16-Cs of the USAF Aerial Demonstration Squadron would be painted grey like the rest of the fleet.

The T-Birds been flying the Viper since 1983.

Yes it is going to be very difficult to beat the F-16 as a flight demonstration aircraft.

I have a relative that was a Viper Driver until the Air Force "handed him the keys" to an F-35. While his stateside patch says "Lightning Driver" like the F-16 unofficially known as the Viper, the F-35 has become the Panther. From what he says, he and virtually everyone that flies the F-35 loves it. He said he is spoiled rotten by the Panther.

Now if I can only find an approximate time of the Indy flyover! :)

Top Bottom