The Comey and Flynn Drama continues. Pardon on the way?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    From WSJ

A federal judge on Wednesday unsealed new documents in former national security adviser Mike Flynn’s criminal case that his lawyers say are evidence the government tried to set him up in a 2017 interview that led to his departure from the Trump administration and subsequent indictment on a charge of lying.

The documents consist of two redacted email exchanges as well as one page of handwritten notes by an unidentified official that appeared to involve Federal Bureau of Investigation preparations for Mr. Flynn’s interview. In the handwritten notes, which are dated Jan. 24, 2017—the day of the Flynn interview—the author writes: “What is our goal? Truth/Admission or to get him to lie, so we can prosecute him or get him fired?”

The unsealed documents were discovered as part of a Justice Department review of the Flynn case ordered by Attorney General William Barr. They were released as part of a legal effort by Mr. Flynn’s lawyers to get the case dismissed against the former Army Lieutenant General. It could also ultimately win Mr. Flynn a pardon from President Trump.

The FBI didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

In a December 2017 statement, Mr. Flynn took responsibility for his actions on the day he appeared in court to enter a guilty plea.

On Monday, U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan ordered the government to respond to Mr. Flynn’s allegations of government misconduct by May 11. Mr. Flynn is seeking a dismissal of the indictment on the grounds that the government engaged in misconduct; barring that, he has asked to withdraw his guilty plea and go to trial rather than be sentenced.

On Wednesday, Mr. Trump shared on Twitter articles about Mr. Flynn’s contention that the government had set him up.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I think that what this has shown us is that there was an abuse of power, a cavalier disregard for the rights of citizens, and that the credibility of the FISA process has been greatly diminished because of the actions of politically biased individuals.

In my opinion, the federal government needs to look at all of these secret courts, and have an audit of their policies and procedures to ensure that the rights of the citizens are being properly protected. A lack of proper oversight has shown that our essential freedoms are in jeopardy by unscrupulous actors.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I don't know what the legal definition of entrapment is, but it fits mine.

I think that what this has shown us is that there was an abuse of power, a cavalier disregard for the rights of citizens, and that the credibility of the FISA process has been greatly diminished because of the actions of politically biased individuals.

In my opinion, the federal government needs to look at all of these secret courts, and have an audit of their policies and procedures to ensure that the rights of the citizens are being properly protected. A lack of proper oversight has shown that our essential freedoms are in jeopardy by unscrupulous actors.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    The conduct by the FBI, as reported publicly, appears to indicate that there was a perjury trap. Additional details, such as allegations that Flynn was threatened that his son might be next to be prosecuted, and the concealing of exculpatory evidence, does not give the average citizen faith that justice is not being dispensed without passion or prejudice.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

It is a travesty when the powers of government are used against a citizen.

This is not that, this is an attack on a sitting Presidents cabinet by a faction of the government. This is corruption beyond all comprehension and if not for TDS the media would be having a field day. It would be what pandemic, if this was reversed and the Bush holdovers and agencies were after BHO...

This makes Watergate look like preschool hijinks...

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    61   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I hope to see all involved in military tribunals, That may take some of the wind out of the lefts sails and maybe get congress to doing there jobs. The political crap has gotten out of hand!!!!!!!!!!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    So the fbi demonstrates yet again that it is a corrupt organization. Is this the part where I am to feign shock?

Abolish it!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    He doesnt deserve a pardon.

He deserves to trade places with a handful of people. He needs out and they need to be behind bars.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    And more pieces come to light:

Internal FBI documents unsealed Thursday indicate that Peter Strzok -- the now-disgraced anti-Trump former head of FBI counterintelligence -- ordered the investigation of former national security adviser Michael Flynn to remain open even after it was slated to be closed due to a lack of so-called "derogatory" information.

I guess he decided to take an active hand in the matter after his "insurance policy" against a Trump presidency didn't pay off.

iP23wHa.jpg

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Link to the motion to dismiss: https://www.scribd.com/document/460363357/Flynn-Motion-to-Dismiss

I guess Judge Sullivan still has to approve this.

The intro (italics in original):

[FONT=&amp]
    "After a considered review of all the facts and circumstances of this case, including newly
    discovered and disclosed information appended to the defendant’s supplemental pleadings, ECF Nos. 181, 188-190,[/FONT][FONT=&amp]1 [/FONT][FONT=&amp]the Government has concluded that the interview of Mr. Flynn was untethered to, and unjustified by, the FBI’s counterintelligence investigation into Mr. Flynn—and longer justifiably predicated investigation that the FBI had, in the Bureau’s own words, prepared to close because it had yielded an “[/FONT][FONT=&amp]absence [/FONT][FONT=&amp]of [/FONT][FONT=&amp]any [/FONT][FONT=&amp]derogatory information.” Ex. 1 at 4,FBI FD-1057 “Closing Communication” Jan. 4, 2017 (emphases added). The Government is not persuaded that the January 24, 2017 interview was conducted with a legitimate investigative basis and therefore does not believe Mr. Flynn’s statements were material even if untrue. Moreover, we not believe that the Government can prove either the relevant false statements or their materiality beyond a reasonable doubt."[/FONT]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom