• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • harmonyaudio

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Ok all, I just sent a letter to Representative Trey Hollingsworth concerning how the Mayor here abused his power and is keeping Bloomington under this travesty of a "stay at home" order for another 2 weeks going directly against the advice of Governor Holcomb. How have we gotten here? How does a small town power hungry clown get to decided if all of the residents get to work or go out or do anything? Of course, as I am sure you all know, Bloomington is run by super liberal Democrats pretty much from top to bottom, however there are lots of every day hard working men and women who live here as well. Is is just me or is this simply unacceptable? Has the 24/7 MSM coverage of this flu completely paralyzed everyone with so much fear that we will allow anything that the Government says makes us "safer". This is a real problem people. I would encourage anyone else in this district to reach out to Rep Hollingsworth's office and put the question to him. I am just some kook or are there others out there that see this as a real threat to the Constitution of the United States?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Not familiar with the restrictions in Bloomington. But if it's similar to Marion County, I'll have to say that I don't see much "stay at home" here. Where is it that you want to go that you cannot?

harmonyaudio

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Well, it is not that I can choose to not listen or to go wherever I want to. The problem is that local governments can impose this kind of thing with no authority other than what they say. Also, technically if I want to go to my friends house to hunt mushrooms, I could be pulled over and given a $1,000 citation.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Well, it is not that I can choose to not listen or to go wherever I want to. The problem is that local governments can impose this kind of thing with no authority other than what they say. Also, technically if I want to go to my friends house to hunt mushrooms, I could be pulled over and given a $1,000 citation.

Only if you are dumb enough to tell them that you are going to your friends to hunt mushrooms.

But mushrooms = food = essential, so...?

Big Naughty

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Hendricks County
    I am in the Avon area. Since the start of this bs very few people seem to be following the stay-at-home orders. Any business that is open appears to be doing just fine. Unfortunately those are all big corporations. Looks like the little guys are being starved out.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I’m in Avon and I needed some prescriptions filled so I went to Sam’s for them. The traffic on 36 was just a little less than normal and all the big box chains were busy, it was the smaller businesses that were closed and looked abandoned. If you notice it seems all the Democratic run states, cities and municipalities want everything shut down so that the economy suffers and President Trump looks bad. They really have nothing else to run on in November. I’m just glad I don’t live in Michigan right now, or Canada!

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I’m in Avon and I needed some prescriptions filled so I went to Sam’s for them. The traffic on 36 was just a little less than normal and all the big box chains were busy, it was the smaller businesses that were closed and looked abandoned. If you notice it seems all the Democratic run states, cities and municipalities want everything shut down so that the economy suffers and President Trump looks bad. They really have nothing else to run on in November. I’m just glad I don’t live in Michigan right now, or Canada!
    Anyone with half a brain knows the economy isn’t trumps fault. Most of us know it’s the democrats fault for continuing the shut down. I think, like always, the lefts plan to discredit trump is blowing up in their face.

Makes me miss the Wile E. Coyote and roadrunner episodes.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I’ll also add, who the **** gave mayors permission to suspend constitutional rights?!? Or anyone for that matter?!? I think we all agreed, it may have been needed at the beginning of March to give us a little prep time, but once the feds say no more state of emergency, mayors need to go back to worrying about which days trash should be picked up

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Anyone with half a brain knows the economy isn’t trumps fault. Most of us know it’s the democrats fault for continuing the shut down. I think, like always, the lefts plan to discredit trump is blowing up in their face.

Makes me miss the Wile E. Coyote and roadrunner episodes.

To us it seems obvious but to the masses listening to lame stream media everyday it’s a different story. I think most people in here can see what is going on I was making reference to the average sheep being herded by the Democrats.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Move to Crawford County, our cops can't even write a 1 with 3 zeros after it.

No one here cares what you do just as long as it doesn't cause anyone else grief.

I wouldn't want to raise kids here but adults can do just fine...

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Move to Crawford County, our cops can't even write a 1 with 3 zeros after it.

No one here cares what you do just as long as it doesn't cause anyone else grief.

I wouldn't want to raise kids here but adults can do just fine...

Thats the way it should be! If it doesn’t affect you why would you care? People or nosey-bodies now days. I remember riding down old country roads in the back of a pickup with no tailgate when I was 12. Now you can’t go to Kroger with your kids. :rolleyes:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    To us it seems obvious but to the masses listening to lame stream media everyday it’s a different story. I think most people in here can see what is going on I was making reference to the average sheep being herded by the Democrats.
    I get that, but a lot more than just us see it. There’s a reason Fox News blows cnn out of the water in ratings. Most of the loud mouths you’re hearing are the vocal no job young people that are trying to continue getting the extra $600 unemployment and stimulus checks. They don’t vote anyway, if they did Bernie would have beaten Biden. Screw em.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Monroe County has had 8 covid deaths to date. Even if all 8 are in Bloomington that doesn't seem to be a hot spot. What did the Mayor say was his reason for extending the stay at home?
    Maybe all the tattoo/head shop/bar owners won't vote for him again since he bankrupted them.
    Out of curiosity, what would Hollingsworth do about it? He doesn't have any authority over this.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Contrary to conventional belief, democrats, it seems are as likely if not more likely to force their version of morality on others than bible thumping conservatives.

Top Bottom