When will the state announce that commercial property taxes are being pro-rated?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    This is something I have been (for a lack of a better term) stewing about for a while.

Government mandated shutdown should = reduction in commercial property tax for 2020 at the very least, and a reduction in their budget at all levels to match. Not just kicking the can down the road to collect later. Really, it should encompass ALL property taxes as most have taken losses due to this, the .gov should be no different.

This is something that needs to be done.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So much could and should be said here but for the blood pressure I will just read what others post.

I will say this is the Government we have allowed to exist by years of complacency. And now we have to deal with it.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    This is something I have been (for a lack of a better term) stewing about for a while.

Government mandated shutdown should = reduction in commercial property tax for 2020 at the very least, and a reduction in their budget at all levels to match. Not just kicking the can down the road to collect later. Really, it should encompass ALL property taxes as most have taken losses due to this, the .gov should be no different.

This is something that needs to be done.

Zsh05rY.gif

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Property taxes shouldn't exist (at all, commercial or otherwise) in the first place. Neither should the Larry (LTCH for those playing at home).

Yet, we have them.

churchmouse hit the nail on the head. "We" goes back many generations, but truth is truth.

The question is how do "we" change it?

The answer may start with raising it on the internet but that is, at best, a first step.

What's next?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Funny you bring this up as property assessment notices went out last week. So happy we have a 1% cap on taxes (rent due) on our assessed value. So nice to know that in the last 4 years my home has gone up $10,000 per year minimum in assessed value, thereby guaranteeing a property tax increase (higher rent payment) on my "American Dream".

I would love to ready that retail and restaurant property taxes or their assessed value went down to make up for their loss in revenues due to the government closing them.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Funny you bring this up as property assessment notices went out last week. So happy we have a 1% cap on taxes (rent due) on our assessed value. So nice to know that in the last 4 years my home has gone up $10,000 per year minimum in assessed value, thereby guaranteeing a property tax increase (higher rent payment) on my "American Dream".

I would love to ready that retail and restaurant property taxes or their assessed value went down to make up for their loss in revenues due to the government closing them.

We have been in the biggest boom residential real estate market of our lives. Surprised you did not go up more than that...

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    The state ain’t getting that much in sales tax anyways. When you shut down retail and restaurants there ain’t no sales tax to pay.

They are now collecting sales tax on Ebay, Amazon, Midwayusa, Brownells, virtually everything online. I don't believe their revenue has dropped much if at all with everyone shopping online, amazon has dropped Rakuten rebates, Ebay has not done any Ebay bonus bucks, etc.

It appears online sales are BOOMING & INDIANA is raking sales tax in, no different than pre-ebola, I mean Covid 19

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County

Proof that we never own our real estate, just renting it from govt in Indiana.

Soap box,
    ballot box,
    cartridge box.......

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Yeah, my mom got hit for $12,500 increase. The reason? "improvements". They literally havent done sh** to the house in 20 years. Same as it has been for years. They relented and took it off after she complained.

Next year's estimate was received the other day. This time its $12,100+. SMH.

Top Bottom