Government usurpation of authority during the Covid 19 PANIC.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Decide

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Your thoughts?

[FONT=&quot]Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

[/FONT]

And...

Go.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am just a bit more ticked at my Church for knucking under, than I am at the gubmint violating God'sCommandment to assemble.

Swat teams sent to Churches would not be a good optic for politicians.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    The infringements are not coming from congress. They are coming from the idiot governors and mayors.

They are still 100% wrong in doing so.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    “Quarantine is when you restrict the movement of sick people … Tyranny is when you restrict the movement of healthy people.”

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    The infringements are not coming from congress. They are coming from the idiot governors and mayors.

They are still 100% wrong in doing so.
    As I said elsewhere, there are a bunch of bush-league wannabe Oliver Cromwell-types out there.

Or, maybe they’re wannabe Wesley Mouch-types?

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I am just a bit more ticked at my Church for knucking under, than I am at the gubmint violating God'sCommandment to assemble.

Swat teams sent to Churches would not be a good optic for politicians.

Over the past two weeks my church has been having multiple services throughout the week with 10 people allowed per service to stay under the recommended guidelines. I think they held 37 services this week.

Fortunately starting Monday services will be "allowed" to open back up.

justacog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2018
    Brownstown

Same here. It is in the same vein as exercising your 2A rights. It would have been one thing if the church issued a statement regarding lack of staff level to hold an in-person service, or cost of church facility utilities saved by going dark; but, they didn't... just straight to video like a poorly rated DVD at Walmart.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The bigger problem we have to address, is the fact that people _want_ this.

A Constitution doesn't mean squat, if people can be scared into repudiating it.

Our system is designed to prevent government from forcibly taking authority and liberty away from a people who are motivated to defend it.

The struggle we are engaged in, is what to do when a majority of our neighbors _wants_ to give authority to the government?

We want to believe that constitutional rights can't be voted away. But over time, via selection of Presidents and judges, we see that is really not the case.

We believe the enemy of freedom is usually the government. What we have to confront, is that the real "enemy" may be your neighbor. Or even people posting on this very forum.

Go look at the Coronavirus thread in the Break Room. It is absolutely dripping with the stench of pure, blinding, Marlon-Brando fear. "The Horror." That is the thing that turns people.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The bigger problem we have to address, is the fact that people _want_ this.

A Constitution doesn't mean squat, if people can be scared into repudiating it.

Our system is designed to prevent government from forcibly taking authority and liberty away from a people who are motivated to defend it.

The struggle we are engaged in, is what to do when a majority of our neighbors _wants_ to give authority to the government?

We want to believe that constitutional rights can't be voted away. But over time, via selection of Presidents and judges, we see that is really not the case.

We believe the enemy of freedom is usually the government. What we have to confront, is that the real "enemy" may be your neighbor. Or even people posting on this very forum.

Go look at the Coronavirus thread in the Break Room. It is absolutely dripping with the stench of pure, blinding, Marlon-Brando fear. "The Horror." That is the thing that turns people.

It is an interesting proposition that just the fear of an invisible virus is enough to get people to give up their autonomy to control their lives, tattle to authorities of petty violations, and become volunteers in a brown short effort.

Living an life of arrogant affluence with which the masses have become accustomed left few with an understanding of real struggle and an appreciation for freedom.

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    I started high school in 1969. Civics class which my parents took had been replaced with Social Studies.
    Even so, my social studies teacher was a level headed sort. He carefully explained each of us had civil rights, only some of which were listed in the Constitution. He told us that each of us had the responsibility to ensure that while exercising our rights we did not infringe on the rights of others.
    He carefully explained that rights are not emotionally based and that hurt feelings do not equate to a violation of rights.
    Today's SJWs put emotion above all to the detriment of society.
    I would love to see civic class return to the education system especially the teaching of civic duty. Alas, it seems unlikely...

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/he...s-happened-before/ar-BB13wAe0?ocid=spartanntp

From the coronavirus thread was this gem of an article. The arrogance dripping in the writing is of an elite that thinks the world revolves around them and they have every right to restrict others to if "experts" say to...

Instead of wiping out Covid-19, societies may instead learn to live with it. Cities would slowly open and some freedoms will be returned, but on a short leash, if experts' recommendations are followed. Testing and physical tracing will become part of our lives in the short term, but in many countries, an abrupt instruction to self-isolate could come at any time. Treatments may be developed -- but outbreaks of the disease could still occur each year, and the global death toll would continue to tick upwards.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom