WOW! A unanimous Supreme Court ruling on immigration.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hmm... you mean even liberal SCOTUS justices are capable of apolitical adherence to precedent?

Some on INGO might be stunned to learn of this. ;)

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    As I read it they did not rule on immigration. They ruled on the judicial antics engaged in by the 9th, i.e. bringing up arguments that neither party brought into the case.

While I am pleased with the real world results of the decision, it really wasn't in direct support of the law, they were just saying that the 9th used... extra-judicial methods... to reach the verdict they wanted. It appears that if the case came through again, or a similar case comes forward, with the defendant arguing the "overbreadth doctrine," the vote on the SCOTUS might be significantly divided.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yeah, seems like an abundance of crickets in this thread. :D
    Maybe no one was particularly stunned by the ruling. There have been other rulings that if not unanimous had supermajorities in some particular matter. There are other times when the Justices are mixed in what some would not think of as their natural ideology.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hmm... you mean even liberal SCOTUS justices are capable of apolitical adherence to precedent?

Some on INGO might be stunned to learn of this. ;)

It’s good to know even they have hurdles that are too high to leap over. You’re right. As few and as far in between as they are, I for one, am stunned they found one.

Top Bottom