• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Now that Joe Biden is the presumptive nominee it's probably time to start up a thread for all things general election.

I'm sure this will be dominated by the presidential race, but there will be plenty of races to watch that will determine control of the Senate and House, as well as state and local level races.

You may not have known that there was a special election this week for a California house seat. This is the one vacated by Katie Hill, the chick who couldn't help boning half her staff.

BREAKING: Republican Mike Garcia Wins U.S. House Race In California, First Time GOP Flipped CA Seat In 22 Years

This is encouraging news. If people in California are rejecting democrats the rest of the country could be poised to do the same.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I saw that. I was surprised. May be too soon to assume this points to a change in the house but I’ll take good news when I hear it.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    This is savage. Despite all the success Obama and democrats had using social media and digital tools to engage young voters, the Trump campaign is miles ahead of the Biden campaign in pretty much every metric related to technology and digital marketing. Stiff like this is just icing on the cake.

Even Trump campaign's 404 page is a brutal swing at Biden

Trump-Website-Biden-Lost.jpg

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Unless financial and credit card companies close ranks behind Joe, I think he'll have a tough time at the convention. Joe has a history of being brittle, DNC can't afford to have him fold up in the general election when it's going to get WWF mean.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Still in the speculation phase, but evidence appears to be accumulating:

[video=youtube;CbLOCc_JIH8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbLOCc_JIH8[/video]

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I don't know if this is 4D chess or not, but boy does Trump know how to troll the media. They fall for it every. single. time.

As Tim mentions closing out this video, this was a triple whammy.

- It mocks Joe Biden.
    - It exposes the media.
    - It gets the media to mock Joe Biden.

[video=youtube_share;fFVyUZKO_rY]http://youtu.be/fFVyUZKO_rY[/video]

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I don't know if this is 4D chess or not, but boy does Trump know how to troll the media. They fall for it every. single. time.

As Tim mentions closing out this video, this was a triple whammy.

- It mocks Joe Biden.
    - It exposes the media.
    - It gets the media to mock Joe Biden.

[video=youtube_share;fFVyUZKO_rY]http://youtu.be/fFVyUZKO_rY[/video]

I think that this election is going to hurt the media by their own conduct. They are proving the old adage that if you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything true. They aren't standing for anything, they are just against Trump. And the more Trump baits them into knee-jerk reactions the more people will see this, and believe the fake news moniker.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I think that this election is going to hurt the media by their own conduct. They are proving the old adage that if you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything true. They aren't standing for anything, they are just against Trump. And the more Trump baits them into knee-jerk reactions the more people will see this, and believe the fake news moniker.

I started my career in the media, first as a newspaper reporter before moving into broadcast (radio / TV) production. I honestly don't understand how someone purporting to be a journalist would see that website and think that it was real. Even if they did, an editor, segment producer or executive producer would have had to sign off on the story before it went out.

The journalists who fell for this satire site are either: A) absolute idiots that work for completely inept news organizations, B) So blinded by TDS, they're living in some type of alternative reality where they've lost the ability to even detect satire, C) so arrogant in their hatred for Trump they don't even give their readers, followers, viewers etc. enough credit to be able to see through the lie. It's probably a combination of all three.

I honestly wonder what journalism courses on college campuses look like these days.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Being locked tightly into a bubble can make you blind/stupid to what is going on. It can happen on either side, but it is much easier and more common on the left due to the institutions that support those views and actively block exposure to alternate views/info.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I started my career in the media, first as a newspaper reporter before moving into broadcast (radio / TV) production. I honestly don't understand how someone purporting to be a journalist would see that website and think that it was real. Even if they did, an editor, segment producer or executive producer would have had to sign off on the story before it went out.

The journalists who fell for this satire site are either: A) absolute idiots that work for completely inept news organizations, B) So blinded by TDS, they're living in some type of alternative reality where they've lost the ability to even detect satire, C) so arrogant in their hatred for Trump they don't even give their readers, followers, viewers etc. enough credit to be able to see through the lie. It's probably a combination of all three.

I honestly wonder what journalism courses on college campuses look like these days.

Not every kid needs to be going to college, but when you funnel all of them in that direction, you're going to end up with some duds...

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

You're missing an option that is most likely what's actually going on.

D.) They know it's fake and just a campaign ad, but they know their viewers are so naive and full of hatred that they will eat it up as holy gospel, so they manipulate their viewers for maximum ratings.

I don't buy, for a second, that all these journalists are that dumb. I'd even speculate that a huge percentage of them don't even hold those political views. They just want that paycheck.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

D.) They know it's fake and just a campaign ad, but they know their viewers are so naive and full of hatred that they will eat it up as holy gospel, so they manipulate their viewers for maximum ratings.

I don't buy, for a second, that all these journalists are that dumb. I'd even speculate that a huge percentage of them don't even hold those political views. They just want that paycheck.

All? Certainly not, but MCgrease08 didn't say that. On the other hand, as Obama's deputy national security adviser Ben Rhodes said:
    Most of the outlets are reporting on world events from Washington. The average reporter we talk to is 27 years old, and their only reporting experience consists of being around political campaigns. That’s a sea change. They literally know nothing.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think it's kinda both. The editors and above, along with some senior reporters know it's fake, and they play it because they know it sells. Chuck Todd knew ***damn well what the truth was, and he reported bull**** anyway. But, a lot of the low level reporters are young activists and it's a cause to them. They may know a lot of it is bull****, but they're on board because of the cause. And I wouldn't be surprised if they believe a lot of it.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I think it's kinda both. The editors and above, along with some senior reporters know it's fake, and they play it because they know it sells. Chuck Todd knew ***damn well what the truth was, and he reported bull**** anyway. But, a lot of the low level reporters are young activists and it's a cause to them. They may know a lot of it is bull****, but they're on board because of the cause. And I wouldn't be surprised if they believe a lot of it.

To spin the stories the way MOST of them spin the stories, it is absolutely a requirement they know they're reporting false stories.

They purposefully inject a half truth and obfuscate context, to convey the agenda they wish their viewers to believe.

I'll give you an example that is hyper simple to understand.
    Little jimmy went to a shooting spree this saturday, stunning the world!
    The truth was, little jimmy was playing a videogame, in which he was shooting people.
    Was the story factually accurate?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom