NY Times: Why Does the US Military Celebrate White Supremacy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    No doubt that this little opinion piece was timed for release on Memorial Day weekend.

hmd.jpg

"The editorial listed Fort Benning, Ga., as an example, noting that the military base honored Henry Lewis Benning, a Confederate general “who devoted himself to the premise that African-Americans were not really human and could never be trusted with full citizenship.”

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ny-times-memorial-day-weekend-us-military-celebrates-white-supremacism

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    No doubt that this little opinion piece was timed for release on Memorial Day weekend.

hmd.jpg

"The editorial listed Fort Benning, Ga., as an example, noting that the military base honored Henry Lewis Benning, a Confederate general “who devoted himself to the premise that African-Americans were not really human and could never be trusted with full citizenship.”

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ny-times-memorial-day-weekend-us-military-celebrates-white-supremacism

Saw this earlier. On Memorial Day weekend, tone-deaf and completely out of touch with the reality of military life. No wonder print is dead.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I was stationed at Ft. Hood and Ft. Polk, both named after Confederates. I've studied Civil War history, admire General Lee, honor the bravery of both sides, I am grateful the South lost and want to see all statues preserved in place.

NYT: "You're a Nazi."

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Because Newspapers need readership, web page views and people talking sharing their content to sell ads to make money. It appears they are being successful at it.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Why would anyone be surprised the New York Times hates the United States, its military, and its veterans?

I think the motivation is much more basic then hatred. They do this crap to get clicks, plain and simple. Outrage fuels views. The headline has people all across the country now talking about the New York Times.

We all know this kind of thing is ridiculous. I would suspect the editors of the NYT know it too. This is the establishment media in its death throes trying to remain relevant. The best thing we can do is to ignore it. Giving it oxygen only keeps it alive.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think the motivation is much more basic then hatred. They do this crap to get clicks, plain and simple. Outrage fuels views. The headline has people all across the country now talking about the New York Times.

We all know this kind of thing is ridiculous. I would suspect the editors of the NYT know it too. This is the establishment media in its death throes trying to remain relevant. The best thing we can do is to ignore it. Giving it oxygen only keeps it alive.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MCgrease08 again.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yes, I guess you're right.
    The Times doesn't deserve any more attention than ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, or MSNBC.
    The dinosaurs screamed the loudest just before they died.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    It's a Fox News story about a NYT story, so I see both sides are given to a little recreational outrage this holiday weekend.

Timing aside, there is a legitimate point to be made about a major US military base being named after a man who, by all objective analysis and strict definition, would be a traitor and a racist.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Well, fine.

But where was the Times’ self-righteous anguish about all this while William Jefferson Blythe IV and Barack Hussein Obama (mmm, mmm, mmm)—not to mention GHWB and GWB—were residing at 1600 Pennsylvania?

Maybe the Army ought to name an installation for William C. Oates - who, after leading the 15th Alabama Regiment up Little Round Top against Joshua Chamberlain, accepted a commission in the US Army as a Brigadier General in time for the Spanish-American War.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Timing aside, there is a legitimate point to be made about a major US military base being named after a man who, by all objective analysis and strict definition, would be a traitor and a racist.
    Not after Obama called Lincoln his favorite president.

Read some of Lincoln's letters, sometime.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Not after Obama called Lincoln his favorite president.

Read some of Lincoln's letters, sometime.

So?

Have to agree with everything a favorite President says or does?

What about a standard of disagreeing less?

What standards of are being imposed on Obama's selection to make such a statement?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Whats sad is, I did see that this garbage take was written by the "editorial board", which means it is the official position of NYT. And they wonder why readership is in the toilet...

They don't care about readership they care about profits.

Top Bottom