Page 11 of 474 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Minneapolis officers fired after death of black man

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tombs View Post
    How is burning down your local retail stores a protest against police violence?

Also, are there any videos of the complete LEO encounter? All I see are videos strategically cut to avoid showing what happened precisely before he was on the ground.
    You should have been around in April of 1968 for the DC and Baltimore burnings.
    Along with other citys across the US.

User Info Menu

Step 1. Burn down and loot the businesses in your neighborhood.
    Step 2. Complain about food deserts.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Route 45 View Post
    Language warning (duh)

Attention residents. Disperse immediately or your welfare checks will be indefinately suspended.
    "I anticipate with pleasing expectation that retreat in which I promise myself to realize, without alloy, the sweet enjoyment of partaking, in the midst of my fellow-citizens, the benign influence of good laws under a free government, the ever-favorite object of my heart, and the happy reward, as I trust, of our mutual cares, labors, and dangers."

User Info Menu

As a Target store, a liquor store, and an AutoZone were all overcome by looters, a KARE-TV reporter noted to Police Chief Medaria Arradondo that there was no police presence at the locations during an evening interview. Police Chief Arradondo explained, "Our main priority for our officers there are the safety of those who are out there."

When push comes to shove, you better be ready to be on your own... because you are.
    Reminds me a little of the summer of '92 in LA.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    The mayor up there needs to shut up at this point. Everyone is entitled to due process. The officer needs to be treated the same as any other person in the criminal justice system. No one should want a lynch mob mentality.
    Except for, you know, the guy who was summarily executed while in police custody. He doesn't need his due process.
    Everyone should own an Uzi

User Info Menu

Oh...man...Just found out that George Floyd helped plant a church in his neighborhood and was friends with a church planter in Detroit that our church is helping out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by historian View Post
    Except for, you know, the guy who was summarily executed while in police custody. He doesn't need his due process.
    Right. That's why everybody is just blowing it off and going about their business.

Oh, wait. That's the exact opposite of what's happening. Who's saying it was ok?
    L'otters are not afraid.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Right. That's why everybody is just blowing it off and going about their business.

Oh, wait. That's the exact opposite of what's happening. Who's saying it was ok?
    I was responding to Expat's comment about how the criminal justice system should run for this guy.

Due process for me but not for thee. If we treated this officer the way he treated George we wouldn't be giving him the benefit of any doubt. We would be combing through his past to see if he even jaywalked once.

User Info Menu

Riots wont help their cause at all.
    "I anticipate with pleasing expectation that retreat in which I promise myself to realize, without alloy, the sweet enjoyment of partaking, in the midst of my fellow-citizens, the benign influence of good laws under a free government, the ever-favorite object of my heart, and the happy reward, as I trust, of our mutual cares, labors, and dangers."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    Riots wont help their cause at all.
    Indeed. Protests are fine. Riots are awful.

As MLK said, every riot is a vote for George Wallace.

Page 11 of 474 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast