Page 2 of 474 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Minneapolis officers fired after death of black man

User Info Menu

I don't know how many times though I have seen on Live PD or some other similar show where they have some guy on the ground and the biggest, fattest guy in the group, will rest his knee on the side of the perps head.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I don't know how many times though I have seen on Live PD or some other similar show where they have some guy on the ground and the biggest, fattest guy in the group, will rest his knee on the side of the perps head.
    The side of the head isn't going to restrict airflow though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    The side of the head isn't going to restrict airflow though.
    Not too far from the neck to the head.

User Info Menu

Not too far from the neck to the head.
    I'm really sorry that this guy died but we don't know the full story and I always thought that if you could tell me you can't breath then how are you talking to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Well....uh.......I got nothing man.
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    This guy went full Brussel Sprouts.

The Constitution: It doesnít need to be rewritten; it needs to be reread.
    INGO # 23,621

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rkwhyte2 View Post
    I'm really sorry that this guy died but we don't know the full story and I always thought that if you could tell me you can't breath then how are you talking to me.
    One can easily get enough air to force out words but not enough to remain healthy. That's why it's called gasping.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Lets not jump to conclusions. There's a good chance the Coroner will find that he died of the Rona, complicated by un-naturally restricted air and blood flow. Still not good practice to kneel on a guys neck while asking him to get in the car. Doesn't look very good for the ol boys standing around watching either.

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I'll say what I said on another forum. That's going to end up as a case study on what not to do.
    Is it accurate that some dept's once used the knee on the back of the neck as a tactic to restrain a person in an effort to put cuffs on?
    Also amI correct that being cuffed with hands behind the back and being left on the stomach for too long can lead to asphyxiation?

I seem to recall some conversation on this almost 20 years ago but the details are fuzzy

User Info Menu

From the video my son sent me today, Iíd vote guilty on a murder charge for the douchbag with the knee.
    Iím all for beating the **** out of resisters, but this was rediculous. The medics came and tried to get a pulse, and he still wouldnít get off of him. I want to hear his bull**** excuse.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Mason View Post
    One can easily get enough air to force out words but not enough to remain healthy. That's why it's called gasping.
    So this air is like stored in a reserve lung for emergencies?

User Info Menu

I've seen them sneak in a slam to the pavement also because, you know, feelings. Some people can't rein it in.

And what these officers did. Yes we have strong feelings about it. But we're not them.

Page 2 of 474 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast