Page 1 of 162 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Downtown Indy Riots/damage overnight...

User Info Menu

Thumbs down Downtown Indy Riots/damage overnight...

Any thoughts or ideas on how our local/State Leaders will handle the riot damage done last night (5-29 through 5-30)?

Local news interviewed Ten Point Coalition leader stated these things are due to years of negative things done in the Community, but did state that it is not the proper way to protest??

Will there be multi arrest after the video footage is in???

PS: It looks like Fort Wayne "Citizens" also showed interest in this way of "Protest"???
    "It's more important to have a gun in your hand than a cop on the phone".

NRA Life Member since 1976+Outdoor Sportsman

User Info Menu

Nothing will happen. These are the same idiot politicians that wrecked the economy for no good reason. These are the same idiot governors and mayors that let out inmates from prisons / jails over the Corona panic.

They will ask that people be nice and behave.

They will further hobble the police.

They will sit behind their walled mansions and continue their lives like nothing happened.

User Info Menu

One more reason I never go to Indy anymore. Moved out, not looking back.

What can they do? Nothing. What have they done? Nothing. What's going to change? Exactly, nothing.

Mob mentality is a very real, documented phenomenon. This will continue because our society at large doesn't deter nor prosecute for it.

Ark

User Info Menu

What was the extent of the actual damage?

User Info Menu

I saw this after I made the above post. I wish I was wrong. This isn't Indy, but the same defective mentality runs in 99% of the politicians.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/05...QezetSiZ2JBrqw

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    What was the extent of the actual damage?

Some smashed windows, etc. Nothing too huge. Thank God we have a relatively low number of these violent low lifes.

On a positive note, one protester tried breaking into a store to loot and ended up severing a femoral artery. Oops. (Sorry not sorry)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by J Galt View Post
    I saw this after I made the above post. I wish I was wrong. This isn't Indy, but the same defective mentality runs in 99% of the politicians.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/05...QezetSiZ2JBrqw
    The inmates have been given full control of the asylum.

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere KellyinAvon's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    Some smashed windows, etc. Nothing too huge. Thank God we have a relatively low number of these violent low lifes.

On a positive note, one protester tried breaking into a store to loot and ended up severing a femoral artery. Oops. (Sorry not sorry)
    I’m looking back to when protesters took selfie’s with the IMPD horse as the good old days.
    INGOer #25,448

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I would imagine that downtown merchant/property/insurance owners in Indy will have spoken to their lawyers, who will talk to the city. Riots discourage visitors and shopping, lower property values and raise insurance rates.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post

Unless you were a business that had just been allowed to reopen and being recouping the business you'd lost from the government-mandated shutdown. Now you're shut down again because of your own fellow citizens.

Page 1 of 162 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast