• ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Mattis1.jpg

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...nounces-trump-protests-militarization/612640/

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    DJT's grasp of the Constitution never did impress me but if he's a threat to the Constitution, then what are: obama, biden, clinton, sanders, warren, beta, ad nauseum? Our system gives us choices of lesser or greater evils.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Mad Dog knows how to fight. Jump in when the victim is fighting other battles.

Isn't Mattis a dem?

I'll never forget when he was sitting in front of congress and was advocating for transgender military service.
    The appeal of the man immediately disappeared for me, at that moment.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    DJT's grasp of the Constitution never did impress me but if he's a threat to the Constitution, then what are: obama, biden, clinton, sanders, warren, beta, ad nauseum? Our system gives us choices of lesser or greater evils.

This.

All we have to do is look at Trump's presumptive opponent. If he thinks Trump is dividing the country, take a look at what the other side is offering up. No thanks.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I had hope for Mattis being a good Chairman, he wasn't and now he is publishing crap in the Atlantic. Knife hand was apparently limp wrist.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    “I have watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled,” Mattis writes. “The words ‘Equal Justice Under Law’ are carved in the pediment of the United States Supreme Court. This is precisely what protesters are rightly demanding. It is a wholesome and unifying demand—one that all of us should be able to get behind. We must not be distracted by a small number of lawbreakers. The protests are defined by tens of thousands of people of conscience who are insisting that we live up to our values—our values as people and our values as a nation.” He goes on, “We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution.”

None of this paragraph is actually applicable to current events. I think he's adding a lot of context within his own mind that doesn't actually exist as far as I see. When did Trump deny equal justice under the law? Why must we accept that our cities must burn so that it doesn't distract from the purpose of the protests? Why can't we pay attention to both things at the same time. Floyd's death was wrong. Looting and destroying people's property and livelihood is also wrong. And how is this laid specifically at Trump's feet? Shouldn't the blame for that be placed on the people doing it? Does Mattis think that the rioters are actually people protesting Floyd's death?

Why does Mattis trivialize the burning of our cities? Why does he condemn efforts to bring order to those cities so that protest can go on peacefully? $Billions in damages done. Many families lost their businesses. If Mattis is talking about Trump's tweets, maybe he should be paying more attention to the protests and just stay off Twitter if it upsets him this much.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    We must not be distracted by a small number of lawbreakers. The protests are defined by tens of thousands of people of conscience who are insisting that we live up to our values—our values as people and our values as a nation.”

Same can be said of the police. Hundreds of thousands of daily interactions between law enforcement and the public at large. We should not let a few bad apples distract us from the good work the police do on a daily basis.

Why does Mattis trivialize the burning of our cities? Why does he condemn efforts to bring order to those cities so that protest can go on peacefully? $Billions in damages done. Many families lost their businesses. If Mattis is talking about Trump's tweets, maybe he should be paying more attention to the protests and just stay off Twitter if it upsets him this much.

This is pretty cynical, but look at where Mattis is now getting his paychecks from. If he were fair and balanced, do you think CNN, MSNBC, et al would still be having him on.

If he were really fair and balanced that might cut into his next book...

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Because he's a democrat, and tows the party line.

Top Bottom