• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Was told today that if you are white and silent, you are racist. I don't see it that way and I've been called worse by better. What I do see is this attitude being widely pushed by big/social media with as much hysterical dogma as the medieval catholic church. The Inquisition is here, it's not enough just to keep your opinions to yourself, you must join the chorus of supporting voices or face being pursued by the zealous harpies. All that is missing are the torture chambers and stake in the town square.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    **** 'em… I don't care what they think. After they pull stunts like occupying several square blocks of Seattle (including a police precinct) long enough, they'll be left sitting around looking at each other saying "Now what???".

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    **** 'em… I don't care what they think. After they pull stunts like occupying several square blocks of Seattle (including a police precinct) long enough, they'll be left sitting around looking at each other saying "Now what???".

Uhhhh... What ^^^^he said.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Jamil was very succinct yesterday pointing out the "Silence is Violence" slogan is going to become (or has become) a weapon. I cannot disagree.

Short, effective, powerful, and it rhymes. Say what "they" want you to say or be seen as the enemy.

The stake in the town square and torture chambers, hopefully, will be limited to social media and on-line presence. Especially since social media is just so d@mned important to most people anymore.

Incredible that it has come to this.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Jamil was very succinct yesterday pointing out the "Silence is Violence" slogan is going to become (or has become) a weapon. I cannot disagree.

Short, effective, powerful, and it rhymes. Say what "they" want you to say or be seen as the enemy.

The stake in the town square and torture chambers, hopefully, will be limited to social media and on-line presence. Especially since social media is just so d@mned important to most people anymore.

Incredible that it has come to this.

That made me think, did we have this back in the early days of the AIDS crisis? I was thinking there was all sorts of pressure to speak out and wear red ribbons.

Of course, all this sort of pales in comparison to the pink ribbon gangs.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    That made me think, did we have this back in the early days of the AIDS crisis? I was thinking there was all sorts of pressure to speak out and wear red ribbons.

Of course, all this sort of pales in comparison to the pink ribbon gangs.

While I clearly remember the AIDS quilt and the protest marches trying to draw attention to the death rate of an unrecognized segment of America. I must have missed the AIDS riots.

I believe there was some sort of social pressure to wear ribbons...isn't wearing red for women now, or is it white? Yellow ribbons for our troops in the sandbox on trees, then they became magnets to put on the back of your car. Then they turned into digital desert cam, red white and blue, and the pretty much went away. After 2008 or so, feel free to enlighten me.

I digress.

Yes, social and peer pressure techniques have been developed, employed and evolved for quite some time now. Maybe 30-40 years?

Any old-timers care to pitch in when you saw it ramp up? For me, it was the suddenly-developed-credit-cards-and-satellite-TV era of the '80s.

I blame the explosion of mindless consumerism and gross consumption, but that is a different topic.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    **** 'em

or

Whatever

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

======

My actual response on a local messaging board was: Michelle Obama said "When they go low, we go high." Dogpiling on people that disagree with you and calling them racist is not "going high".

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The other day my wife was called by an old friend and told that if she didn't denounce Trump then she couldn't be his friend anymore because she was either stupid or a racist. He was calling all of his friends to say this. I suspect he lost a lot of friends that day just because nobody cares for that kind of nonsense regardless of their politics. The remarkable part is that this guy has known her for over 20 years and knows darn well that she is neither stupid or racist, this isn't some random stranger saying this. The left has went completely off the deep-end when they are saying this kind of thing to people they know better.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My initial questions are, "by whom?" and, "was this over the internet?"

When asked my opinion of protestors by one of the people at work, I just said I don't discuss religion or politics. I don't think it was meant to be mean spirited, sometimes people just do stuff to hit you for reactions. I get paid to do a job, when it's done I move on to the next problem at the next place.

The internet for me is more of a great library. I do know personally some of the people I've met on the internet, but to me the rest could just be part of The Matrix that ends at the screen and ceases to exist with a flick of a switch.:)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When asked my opinion of protestors by one of the people at work, I just said I don't discuss religion or politics. I don't think it was meant to be mean spirited, sometimes people just do stuff to hit you for reactions. I get paid to do a job, when it's done I move on to the next problem at the next place.

The internet for me is more of a great library. I do know personally some of the people I've met on the internet, but to me the rest could just be part of The Matrix that ends at the screen and ceases to exist with a flick of a switch.:)

Well don't turn your computer off yet. I've got stuff to do later and I don't want to suddenly vanish out of existence! :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Maybe I should have ATE THE OTHER PILL...……:nailbite:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Was told today that if you are white and silent, you are racist. I don't see it that way and I've been called worse by better. What I do see is this attitude being widely pushed by big/social media with as much hysterical dogma as the medieval catholic church. The Inquisition is here, it's not enough just to keep your opinions to yourself, you must join the chorus of supporting voices or face being pursued by the zealous harpies. All that is missing are the torture chambers and stake in the town square.

This is the old, "If you're not with us, you're against us." It's called "splitting", or more often a "false dilemma", an informal fallacy used to force someone to take sides . . . in this case, if you don't choose BLM, you're a racist. Very typical ploy of the progressive loonies.

John

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This is the old, "If you're not with us, you're against us." It's called "splitting", or more often a "false dilemma", an informal fallacy used to force someone to take sides . . . in this case, if you don't choose BLM, you're a racist. Very typical ploy of the progressive loonies.

John

...and the right.

We've done this to ourselves with Red Flag laws.

DN40SW

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2016
    Avon

But aren't you also "racist" if you're white and speak up to try to defend yourself from the insults?

Top Bottom