• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    My family and I were out in OK for a wedding over the weekend. I was topping off the tank before leaving & a vehicle with a blue line front plate pulls in on the other side of the pump, made conversation about the small diesel in his 1/2 ton. As we were chatting I asked him what type of LEO he was, US Marshal.

We talked about various things, how LEO was being tarteted (he had just got his truck back from the shop after what appeared to be intentional DEF contamination), how things are crazy & somewhat dangerous, I shared that I typically travel armed.

He recommended a couple of things;
    that I should keep a rifle (had my AR at the time) in the vehicle at all times
    & that I should apply for a suppressor before the election.

Thought these things were somewhat intersting from someone who is vastly more "in the know" than I am.

Last edited:

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Maybe he thinks suppressors will go the way of the Hugh's amendment.

I lived in OK in the 80's, a friend of mine that was a deputy sheriff bought a couple of new Mac 10's or 11's, can't remember which. One to shoot, the other to just sit in the safe, NIB unfired. Can't remember what he paid for them at that time (thinking it was $1000 or so) or what the value would be now.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I know some folks carry a rifle in their vehicle...I guess, much like a person that doesn’t see the wisdom in even carrying a handgun all the time, I just never saw the necessity in also packing a rifle with me everywhere I go. I’m not knocking it, mind you. I just never “got it”.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know some folks carry a rifle in their vehicle...I guess, much like a person that doesn’t see the wisdom in even carrying a handgun all the time, I just never saw the necessity in also packing a rifle with me everywhere I go. I’m not knocking it, mind you. I just never “got it”.

You need to get up this way more my friend then we will discuss this option.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I suppose what an individual is most proficient with could influence their recommendations, could have something to do with magazine capacity.

I send a lot more 9mm downrange than anything else, however for me it doesn't take much distance for a rifle to have an advantage.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

You need to get up this way more my friend then we will discuss this option.

Something as simple and easy as a road block comes to mind when listing off things one might want to prepared to encounter.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My family and I were out in OK for a wedding over the weekend. I was topping off the tank before leaving & a vehicle with a blue line front plate pulls in on the other side of the pump, made conversation about the small diesel in his 1/2 ton. As we were chatting I asked him what type of LEO he was, US Marshal.

We talked about various things, how LEO was being tarteted (he had just got his truck back from the shop after what appeared to be intentional DEF contamination), how things are crazy & somewhat dangerous, I shared that I typically travel armed.

He recommended a couple of things;
    that I should keep a rifle (had my AR at the time) in the vehicle at all times
    & that I should apply for a suppressor before the election.

Thought these things were somewhat intersting from someone who is vastly more "in the know" than I am.

Just out of curiosity, what part of OK where you at? (I’m originally from Enid).

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Rifle allows you reach out and touch trouble that you don't want to get close. More stopping power than the average handgun, plus more accurate over greater distance. Mag capacity of 30 or better.

Question is, "Why would you NOT want a rifle with you?"

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    S OKC, Moore area. My BIL is in Enid, Drummond to be more precise, my much better half grew up close to Woodward. Had other friends from Enid area, most of which have moved elsewhere.

Yeah...most everyone I knew or was related to in Enid are either dead now or have moved on too. I do still have a relative or 2 that live in “the city”.

Top Bottom