• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Victory for Trump administration as Supreme Court has ruled that some people can be deported without seeing a federal judge.

https://apnews.com/d773ac5bdd0ac3eed8280a0e1a47b328

Hopefully this will clear the way on several problems, including but not limited to legal proceedings taking up court time.

Note that I fully support the idea of giving asylum to folks who are in true fear of death if returned, but if not, bye!

Regards,

Doug

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I too agree with asylum seekers. But you gotta march your butt up to a lawful entry point and present yourself. Sneaking across hoping not to get caught and then trying to stay when you do doesnt work for me. It reminds me of shoplifting, and when you get collared by the store detective out on the sidewalk saying "but my family is hungry so its ok" and expecting to be let go. No, if you are REALLY trying to feed your family, talk to a store manager or go to a food pantry. In the former, the manager may take pitty and give you something. In the latter you are likely to leave with bags of food.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I too agree with asylum seekers. But you gotta march your butt up to a lawful entry point and present yourself. Sneaking across hoping not to get caught and then trying to stay when you do doesnt work for me. It reminds me of shoplifting, and when you get collared by the store detective out on the sidewalk saying "but my family is hungry so its ok" and expecting to be let go. No, if you are REALLY trying to feed your family, talk to a store manager or go to a food pantry. In the former, the manager may take pitty and give you something. In the latter you are likely to leave with bags of food.

When the current administration is ignoring immigration laws, I can't find it in myself to worry too much about individuals ignoring immigration laws. As always, I see our government (especially at the Federal level) as much more dangerous to the liberty of the people than any external threat is.

In your analogy, the Trump administration has locked the door to the food pantry, and so people are coming in through the windows--which is allowed in U.S. immigration laws (legal/illegal immigrantion status is not allowed to be a factor in asylum hearings, which means that asylum law seemingly allows an exception to normal immigration law).

If you don't like it, your fix needs to come through the legislative branch rather than from the executive. We were all mad when Obama used executive orders to functionally change legislation, and we should be just as mad about it here.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If an asylum seeker has already passed through a country where they could have claimed asylum in order to get to the United States, the case can be made that succor is not what they seek and their claim is specious

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    It sounds to me that what the court is saying, is that although all humans have rights, if they want to pursue those rights in the courts of the United States, then they need to be United States Citizens. I have no problem with that.

It sounds like the Trump Administration is getting America back in line with actually enforcing immigration law, and some do not like it, and wish for a return to the kid-gloves, look the other way approach.

If you don't like Trump enforcing existing immigration law, change the President, change the law, or both.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I have a thought on deporting illegal aliens. Seems to me that the easiest and most effective way to do it would be if they get caught doing crimes and breaking our laws, and if they're imprisoned and serve their term then they are automatically deported, no ifs and butts about it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have a thought on deporting illegal aliens. Seems to me that the easiest and most effective way to do it would be if they get caught doing crimes and breaking our laws, and if they're imprisoned and serve their term then they are automatically deported, no ifs and butts about it.
    There's a gotcha. Many countries will refuse to take their citizens back after they have served prison time here. At least I think I recall that being an issue before.

"Nope. We dont allow ANY convicted felons that have served prison time into our country. Regardless of their nationality. Even if they are a citizen of our country, they are not allowed in."

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    There's a gotcha. Many countries will refuse to take their citizens back after they have served prison time here. At least I think I recall that being an issue before.

"Nope. We dont allow ANY convicted felons that have served prison time into our country. Regardless of their nationality. Even if they are a citizen of our country, they are not allowed in."
    "Even if they are a citizen of our country, they are not allowed in."

I agree with this but I don't know where you'd put them, nobody else would want them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    "Even if they are a citizen of our country, they are not allowed in."

I agree with this but I don't know where you'd put them, nobody else would want them.
    I believe that is where we start Yeeting them in or airdropping them. LOL

"We arent asking you if they can come in. They're crossing your border."

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I believe that is where we start Yeeting them in or airdropping them. LOL

"We arent asking you if they can come in. They're crossing your border."