Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 181 of 264 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 191 231 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 2636

Thread: To Mask or Not to Mask?

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    Quite, but am I free to act as I choose on that c/b analysis? Or am I only free to accept the pre-determined ... 'choice' is not really an accurate term

The folks that hubristically believe they have superior understanding of 'the science', despite admitting that 'the science' cannot be tested or proven, are intent on making my choices for me
    Well I think that is politicians that made the choice regardless of what everyone else thinks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jkaetz View Post
    Yes it is, but the information available doesn't show a clear risk/reward in either direction. Plenty of things show that there is low risk and low reward in wearing one but TPTB have decreed that we all must wear one yet they can't provide compelling reasons why.

We could nearly use the underpants gnomes to summarize our government's approach to the virus:

Step 1: Shutdown Country
    Step 2: ?????
    Step 3: Profit

But that didn't work so they tried another plan

Step 1: Wear masks
    Step 2: ?????
    Step 1: Wear masks
    Step 2: We stop spitting on each other and die like Herman Cain
    I told you to buy ammo, mags and lowers. Get on it.

User Info Menu

I would dispute the 'faith' that the shut down 'stopped' it the first time. I am aware of no data that unambiguously supports that supposition. Nor is something 'stopped' that immediately picks up again when strictures are relaxed, at best it is 'paused' - the question being to what end
    I think tends to support is at least a little better than "unambiguously supports". I mean it seems reasonable to suspect that if people are isolated from one another the spread of disease would be less. I'm guessing the end to what was it paused, would be to flatten out the curve as was the stated goal.
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.

User Info Menu

Step 1: Do what we said

Step 2: Do what we say now

Step 3: Do what we will say
    Just because individuals make poor decisions it doesn't mean governments make better ones

User Info Menu

Step 1: Do what we said

Step 2: Do what we say now

Step 3: Do what we will say
    Sure. It would be nice if they'd get it right to start with. These 180 degree shifts makes people trust them less that they know what the **** they're doing.
    I have spoken.

User Info Menu

Last week, (July 22), I ran a stopwatch on how long I wore a mask. I complied with the Lake County mandate (no state mandate at the time).

At the point when I left work, it was 18 minutes and 37 seconds. This included going to my work, all times I stepped out of my office, leaving work, and stopping by Walgreens. I also had a church business meeting that evening. After that, the total was 56 minutes and 58 seconds, including the previous 18:37.

Oh...the burdens upon my freedom.

​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    I think tends to support is at least a little better than "unambiguously supports". I mean it seems reasonable to suspect that if people are isolated from one another the spread of disease would be less. I'm guessing the end to what was it paused, would be to flatten out the curve as was the stated goal.
    'to what end' means 'to what purpose'. Flatten the curve? We did that, but seemingly they had no plan for beyond that

The whole game plan seems to be 1) touch wires, get shock 2) don't touch wires for a while 3) touch wires, get shock 4) don't touch wires for even longer

They haven't done anything to make use of the time we gave them at tremendous cost to people's livelihood and sanity
    Just because individuals make poor decisions it doesn't mean governments make better ones

User Info Menu

Attachment 89564

Only to keep up with the times, change 'please' to 'you will, or else'

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    Last week, (July 22), I ran a stopwatch on how long I wore a mask. I complied with the Lake County mandate (no state mandate at the time).

At the point when I left work, it was 18 minutes and 37 seconds. This included going to my work, all times I stepped out of my office, leaving work, and stopping by Walgreens. I also had a church business meeting that evening. After that, the total was 56 minutes and 58 seconds, including the previous 18:37.

Oh...the burdens upon my freedom.

I went to a Mexican restaurant in indy today. we had to have a mask on from when we walked in until we sat down. I estimate it at six seconds. then we were mask free for 40 minutes and then another 8nseconds while we exited the restaurant.

it's not all that onerous of a request. the thing that annoys me is the implementation makes it useless and pisses me off that they mandate stupid crap.

at the community pool two days ago I needed a mask on to get a temp check and then walk through an open unmanned gate. once inside the gate I did not need a mask. we could not have chairs closer than 6 feet, but three people could sit on the chair together. cannot use dual person tubes on the slide but you CAN do them in the lazy river
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Love them as if you'll lose them.

User Info Menu

'to what end' means 'to what purpose'. Flatten the curve? We did that, but seemingly they had no plan for beyond that

The whole game plan seems to be 1) touch wires, get shock 2) don't touch wires for a while 3) touch wires, get shock 4) don't touch wires for even longer

They haven't done anything to make use of the time we gave them at tremendous cost to people's livelihood and sanity
    Nothing? You're saying they've gained zero knowledge.

I have spoken.