Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 188 of 264 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 198 238 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2636

Thread: To Mask or Not to Mask?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ingomike View Post
    I fail to see how a board rewarding a CEO is insider trading? Please explain? I get it that some do not like that process. I did not see it alleged in the article it was illegal.

More likely a NYT attempt to smear a Trump administration deal to bring back manufacturing to the US...
    Are you saying that the 900% increase in stock trades the day before was the reward? That doesn’t even make sense. Why must the truth of everything depend on whether it can be taken as an attack on Trump or not. Can’t two things be true at the same time?

It seems reasonable to me that if the news of the deal was leaked to the press ahead if time that investors would want to buy up the stock. How the press got wind of the deal could mean something untoward is under foot. That doesn’t have to have anything to do with trump.
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.

Marksman

User Info Menu

ziggy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    Another good study:

https://www.livescience.com/are-face...us-spread.html

Could these homemade masks be doing more harm than good? Are people feeling invincible because they’ve bought into the mask hype? I’ve seen a lot more folks out and about lately, and I think some of that is related to thinking it’s safe now because of mask mandates. I think the proper theory is “risk compensation.”
    'Til that time I will remain, 'til the sinners lay down with the saints.

KLB

User Info Menu

How does any organization keep a deal that big quiet in a small town?
    What does the size of the town have to do with leaking information about a deal?

I fail to see how a board rewarding a CEO is insider trading? Please explain? I get it that some do not like that process. I did not see it alleged in the article it was illegal.

More likely a NYT attempt to smear a Trump administration deal to bring back manufacturing to the US...
    Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    Are you saying that the 900% increase in stock trades the day before was the reward? That doesn’t even make sense. Why must the truth of everything depend on whether it can be taken as an attack on Trump or not. Can’t two things be true at the same time?

It seems reasonable to me that if the news of the deal was leaked to the press ahead if time that investors would want to buy up the stock. How the press got wind of the deal could mean something untoward is under foot. That doesn’t have to have anything to do with trump.
    Jamil does a pretty good responding to your question.
    I will add:
    I never said CEO getting stock was insider trading. Leaking information to the press which results in a huge increase in stock price could be. Thus why I said maybe it should be looked at.

That article is full of nonsense. Complaining about people being rewarded just before announcements of good things they probably helped happen for their companies is idiotic.
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

User Info Menu

influenza is much deadlier for kids than covid. moving forward any teacher or administrator without a mask who is around kids from Oct 1 until April 1 is a selfish jerk who must be shamed

/purple
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Love them as if you'll lose them.

User Info Menu

Masks work, look to our shining example...Japan!

KLB

User Info Menu

An email from my state rep got me thinking. He says the supposed reason for everyone wearing a mask is to help stop asymptomatic people from spreading covid.

Most masks worn by people will not stop the virus.
    Asymptomatic people won't be coughing or sneezing, otherwise they aren't asymptomatic.
    If they are spreading the virus as they breath, what good is the mask really doing?
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post

The only silver lining is that those that can be reached are getting a master class in don't trust the 'experts', don't trust the government and question authority
    Just because individuals make poor decisions it doesn't mean governments make better ones

User Info Menu

More on the Dutch:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8583925/The-land-no-face-masks-Hollands-scientists-say-theres-no-solid-evidence-coverings-work.html

The land with no face masks: Holland's top scientists say there's no solid evidence coverings work and warn they could even damage the fight against Covid-19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post

This is the first evidence I've seen of a second wave happening outside of the US.

Europe is going to be a nightmare.

Do not interrupt your enemy while they are making a mistake.