• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhrlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2020
    Carmel
    Twist - couple is charged with 4th degree assault by intimidation...

Anders Walker, a constitutional law professor at St. Louis University, said that although it's "very dangerous" to engage protesters with guns, the homeowners broke no laws by brandishing or pointing weapons at them because Portland Place is a private street. He said they are legally protected by Missouri's Castle Doctrine, which allows people to use deadly force to defend private property. "The protesters thought they had a right to protest," Walker said. "But as a technical matter, they were not allowed to be there ... It’s essentially a private estate. If anyone was violating the law, it was the protesters. In fact if (the McCloskeys) have photos of the protesters, they could go after them for trespassing."

St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kimberly M. Gardner appeared to take a different view, releasing a statement Monday that said she's "alarmed at the events that occurred over the weekend where peaceful protestors (sic) were met by guns and a violent assault." Gardner said her office is investigating. "We must protect the right to peacefully protest, and any attempt to chill it through intimidation or threat of deadly force will not be tolerated," Gardner said. "Make no mistake: we will not tolerate the use of force against those exercising their First Amendment rights, and will use the full power of Missouri law to hold people accountable."

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local...edc57ed-c307-583f-9226-a44ba6ac9c03.amp.html?

rhrlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2020
    Carmel
    Reminder, breaking down gates and storming private property = "peaceful protestors"

LOL, this must have been focused grouped and sent to all the journalists, because peaceful and "mostly peaceful" protestors is appearing everywhere now.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    In before, "They were peacefully protesting at 1PM, you are confusing them with people somewhere else" and "The residents of Portland Place don't have a right to have an empty street in front of their house..."

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    "Peaceful" sure is an elastic term these days. What's next? "Peaceful breaking and entering"? "Peaceful rape"? "The peaceful protesters then peacefully lined their targets up against a wall and peacefully shot them all"?

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    A variation on “The Outlaw Josey Wales”:

Fletcher: “You said those men would be decently treated!”

Senator Lane: “They were. They were decently fed, and then they were decently shot.”

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Maybe she will have the couple arrested and jailed. Got to make an example of anybody standing up to the mob.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    So breaking into private property is “peaceful,” but the owner of that private property standing in their own yard with a gun is “violent assault.”

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    So breaking into private property is “peaceful,” but the owner of that private property standing in their own yard with a gun is “violent assault.”

I wonder how “Kimberly M. Gardner” will react to a “peaceful” protest in her neighborhood? It wouldn’t be a surprise if she had 24/7 police or private security protection around ​her “private property’.

Last edited:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I noticed in the top picture in the link, a protester is wearing welding gloves. I bet things would have really heated up if they weren't met with any resistance, on private property.
    How dare they defend their property.
    How dare police defend themselves from attack.
    Apply purple where needed.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Twist - couple is charged with 4th degree assault by intimidation...

After reading the article, I think the protesters are the ones being charged. Maybe I'm wrong on this.

Police are continuing the investigate the incident on Portland Place but are labeling it as a case of trespassing and fourth-degree assault by intimidation.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    No. Not what I meant.

She's a prosecutor on a personal mission of ambition. Turnover in her office is greater than 100%....meaning, I suppose, she's lost more employees than jobs available.

She might outlast Icarus. It is St Louis after all.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I wonder how “Kimberly M. Gardner” will react to a “peaceful” protest in her neighborhood? It wouldn’t be a surprise if she had 24/7 police or private security protection around ​her “private property’.

Probably about like this:

Chris Palmer, an NBA reporter, on Saturday blasted the “animals” who destroyed a Starbucks, tried to trespass into a nearby “sister community” and gathered outside his building.

“Tear up your own ****,” Palmer said in a series of emotional tweets.

“Don’t come to where we live at and tear our neighborhood up. We care about our community. If you don’t care about yours I don’t give a ****.”
    Palmer said his community was covered in graffiti and that several of the demonstrators were arrested without ever making it into his building.
    “These people had no pride and weren’t protesters,” he wrote.

But shortly after firing off the explosive tweets, Palmer was accused of doing an about-face when an earlier tweet was revealed.
    On Thursday, in a since-deleted tweet, Palmer tweeted a photo of a Minneapolis building ablaze and wrote, “Burn that s— down. Burn it all down.”
    “When you encouraged people to do this stuff I’m guessing you meant as long as it wasn’t where you lived??” one person commented on his Saturday post.

Top Bottom