• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARRAY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Griffith
    I dont know if this has been brought up lately but what are your guys thoughts on taking a knee for everything. My feelings are it's a total disrespect started by that football player, kneeling during the national anthem, under the pretext to protest police brutality, and racism I feel kneeling is showing total disrespect for our country as a whole and all the people that have fought and lost thier lives for the freedoms we hold dear. And a total disrespect for out great nations flag. now they are using to to protest anything, from precieved police brutality to racial discrimination, I understand that there is instances of the police using excessive force, but they are being dealt with legally, but dont they realize that if they didnt break the law they would not be having adverse contact with police,, just my thought. And taking a knee for racism which way is racism pointed today? I just cant understand any of it. It really boggles my mind. I have the deepest respect and love for our country, flag, and I will back the men and women in blue 100 percent. If the problems in this country are so bad for these people protesting and taking a knee , why dont they just leave and go to another country. Our founding fathers wrote the constitution and bill of right and I believe anyone who doesn't believe this is the greatest county in the world needs to reread it. And again if they dont like it.leave. I understand the 1st amendment and I believe in it 100 percent but to me it seems it's only one sided today. The amendment does not give them the right to burn loot and cause mayhem to to everyone and disrupt people trying to go about there daily affairs.I hope this ramble makes since and if I am out of line with anything I said moderators feel free to delete this post. I would like others thoughts on these subjects as everyday they bother me more and more.

Last edited:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I mean no disrespect but, as I have been reading on a computer most of the day (mostly working ;) ), my eyes have an even harder time sifting through a wall o' text like that.

I can't even try to read it.

Whitespace is very helpful to effective written communication.

The <Enter> key is your friend.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Taking a knee? Let's go back to the old way:

4a23f15198cc019ef2a5f57a70f7c645--tonya-harding-nancy-kerrigan.jpg

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Free country, do what you want.

But if you're a football QB, and do your best work on your knees...don't expect to have a job.

Nothing personal.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You kneel before God, kneeling before anything else is blasphemy.

These people worship their political ideology, a non-theistic religion they have created for themselves, and demand your conversion to.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I think the absolute most absurd thing imaginal is that taking a knee is the most effective way for a group of millionaires that have microphones shoved in their faces every Sunday to get a message across to the masses. The only message I am receiving is that they are a bunch of idiots.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I think the absolute most absurd thing imaginal is that taking a knee is the most effective way for a group of millionaires that have microphones shoved in their faces every Sunday to get a message across to the masses. The only message I am receiving is that they are a bunch of idiots.

Exactly right. They have the fame and the $$ to make a real difference if they chose to do so. To kneel during the Anthem for their jobs where they're getting paid by the American public for their appearance is very disrespectful. Not to mention they're dumbasses anyway because what they're kneeling for is mostly BS. Instead of worrying about police brutality, which is pretty rare, maybe they should worry about and speak about the amount of black on black crime and fatherless black homes which are much higher priorities. Hard to take them seriously when they're disrespectful to the people who pay them and wrongheaded at the same time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

And that bunch seems to be growing.

Let me think back. Yup it was a black man that used his Olympic platform win to push his fist in the air. The disrespect started there to my memory and those people seem to disrupt everything they get involved in.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Exactly right. They have the fame and the $$ to make a real difference if they chose to do so. To kneel during the Anthem for their jobs where they're getting paid by the American public for their appearance is very disrespectful. Not to mention they're dumbasses anyway because what they're kneeling for is mostly BS. Instead of worrying about police brutality, which is pretty rare, maybe they should worry about and speak about the amount of black on black crime and fatherless black homes which are much higher priorities. Hard to take them seriously when they're disrespectful to the people who pay them and wrongheaded at the same time.

And this.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Today big/social media have made it and gestures like it fashionable, sometimes people with careers on ballistic trajectories use fashion statements to revive them. It's still a free country, they can behave like fools and I don't have to watch.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It is a free country. Taking a principled stand on an issue (or a principled knee) is a sign of integrity.

But doing things on principle often comes at a cost. Be prepared for that cost and don't ***** about it.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Kneeling to others is a sign of subservience or a demonstration of such by a slave. Free men don’t. Choose your course and reap the consequences.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The flag is a symbol of our country, and of the regime that controls the government. You may view the government as something deserving of your reverence, but MANY others (including myself) do not.

I encourage people to speak their minds regarding the government. We have been too accommodating of their overreaches for FAR too long. The only issue I have with "taking a knee" as a protest is the ambiguity inherent in the act...the motivation and reasoning behind the act is not (necessarily) clear to those viewing the act. I may very well agree with the motivations behind the act, but how can I be sure I'm picking up the same message the protester is sending?

The backlash against this act is honestly absurd to me...I just cannot get my head around the idea that silently taking a knee is in any way disrespectful.

To me, this looks like another situation where 'conservatives' are allowing themselves to be manipulated by the media they choose to consume.

Top Bottom