• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't get the statue razing of Christopher Columbus, to my knowledge he was an explorer and not a slave owner. Now Columbus Ohio wants to raze the name in addition to the statue?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    According to the outrage mob, Columbus paved the way for the white man to colonize lands owned by indigenous people.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Oh, Christopher Columbus suuuuucked. This is not a disputed fact of history. He pretty much enslaved or murdered-by-smallpox the entire population of Hispaniola, first via a form of serfdom and then by outright capturing them and shipping them back to Europe, often as a deliberate tactic to put down insurrection. He enslaved natives to work in gold mines, executed and mutilated his own Spanish colonists for minor infractions, and his brief reign over the island concluded with he and his men outright slaughtering and looting their way from one side of the island to the other, essentially wiping out the entirety of the native Arawaks. The heaviest lifting, as in the continental US, was done by smallpox and other pandemics. He just exploited and massacred the survivors.

So yeah, bad dude. "Precipitating agent of all colonialism" or whatever the crazy wokies claim? No. But huge solely on the basis of his own, personal actions. He was almost 300 years before the Enlightenment-educated founders of our country, and makes their association with the institution of slavery look positively friendly in comparison.

I'm still opposed to tearing stuff down simply because you're too lazy to, like, bring it to a vote in the city council or something like adults, but Columbus was a psychotic dyed-in-the-wool conquistador who saw natives as nothing more than resources to exploit and obstacles to subjugate or remove.

Last edited by a moderator:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm sure the SJW's and BLM in Columbus Indiana are in an uproar about Christopher Columbus too. Wouldn't be surprised if they tried changing the name of the city. Guessing the major diesel manufacturer in town would throw in some cash toward the effort. Leadership of the "diesel company" is full of SJW's.

You're not wrong on that point.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I'm sure the SJW's and BLM in Columbus Indiana are in an uproar about Christopher Columbus too. Wouldn't be surprised if they tried changing the name of the city. Guessing the major diesel manufacturer in town would throw in some cash toward the effort. Leadership of the "diesel company" is full of SJW's.

Just saw on FOXNews, they are thinking of changing name of Columbus to Flavortown after Guy Fiere (we have lost all sanity in these Unites States).

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've heard some of the various revisionist histories of the man, and disease following discovery, as tragic as it is, is common throughout history. I suppose in the end if you look hard enough you can find a reason to tear down everybody's statue.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Columbus accomplished more in his life than most anyone on INGO and certainly had a larger impact on history than all of us combined. For those reasons alone, the Marxist protesters and rioters want him erased from our history.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    In Cleveland they're wanting to replace the Columbus statue with Chef Boyardee (the actual Chef Boiardi had a restaurant in Cleveland).

Wait til they found out some of the things Chef Boyardee said back in the day.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    American taliban tearing down Columbus statue and throwing the pieces in a canal in Baltimore. You would think the PD would stop destruction of property like this.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    American taliban tearing down Columbus statue and throwing the pieces in a canal in Baltimore. You would think the PD would stop destruction of property like this.

Police Departments all across the country are being prevented from doing their jobs. They are being attacked from every angle. If I were a policeman, I am not sure how I would respond to what is happening.

We are all failing our officers. We need to stand up for them EVER D*** TIME we get the chance, or they are going to walk away, en masse.

This is not directed at you, specifically, Leadeye. It is just something that needs to be said at every opportunity, to the point where people hear it even when it isn't being said.

To all the officers on this form, those active and retired, thank you for all that you do. Though many on InGo are prepared for situations where the thin blue line has broken, we fervently pray that those preparations will ultimately prove unnecessary. We know that we owe a debt of gratitude for the sacrifices you make to preserve the peace and maintain our civil society.

God bless all of you and keep you safe!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I have, and have read the actual log of Columbus on his sailing to the west. Most of what has been taught or reported for decades have been lies. Sure, he discovered the area and indirectly led to its being colonized by others but he also created the word cannibalism based on the cultures he found there...and lost several of his men to.

If you are looking for saints in the noble savage you are being willfully ignorant.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

Watch, they'll change it to Cummins, LOL.

Top Bottom