• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wasn't sure where to ask this, but since it will probably go political, it should fit here.

There's a few debates on a Covid-19 vaccine, when it becomes available, and whether or not the government can force an individual to be vaccinated.
    Is it legal for the government to force the population to be vaccinated? Does anyone have facts, and a link?

Would you be vaccinated, either willingly, or if required?

So, there's a hypothetical vaccine that will most likely prevent me from getting a an illness that could leave me sick in bed for weeks, or potentially give me lifelong complications, or in the case of hundreds of thousands of people, kill me.

WTF wouldn't I get that?
    WTF would the govt need to mandate it?

We've had the "vaccines give you teh austim!" threads her before; let's not do it again.

And someone will be along shortly to point you to case law showing mandatory vaccinations are unconstitutional. (I'm not doing your homework for you)

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Another factor that is worth considering: studies are showing that herd immunity may not be possible for COVID-19 https://english.elpais.com/society/...urce=Twitter&ssm=TW_CM_EN&#Echobox=1594042479

"The Spanish overall figure of 5% is in line with studies in other European countries that showed a prevalence of 4% to 5%, far below the rate that would provide the population with so-called herd immunity, and which experts place at 60% at the very least."

" In fact, the survey revealed that between the first and second wave of testing, 7% of subjects no longer tested positive for antibodies. Between the first and the third, this rate rose to 14%"

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So, there's a hypothetical vaccine that will most likely prevent me from getting a an illness that could leave me sick in bed for weeks, or potentially give me lifelong complications, or in the case of hundreds of thousands of people, kill me.

WTF wouldn't I get that?
    WTF would the govt need to mandate it?

We've had the "vaccines give you teh austim!" threads her before; let's not do it again.

And someone will be along shortly to point you to case law showing mandatory vaccinations are unconstitutional. (I'm not doing your homework for you)

You first. I'll hang back and see how being an early adopter plays out :)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    WOW! Settle down and take a breathe. I've researched, found varying information, and figured this crowd would have definitive facts.
    I thought level heads would prevail here.

It was just a question, it won't happen again. You seem wound a little tight.

Yeah, I am. It's Tuesday, the boss is in the office, and it's frickin' hot out.

[Jetta, wearing his mirrored sunglasses, lean back in this wood chair and removed the toothpick from mouth...]

I see a new guy, low post count, askin' 'round about vaccines and figured you must be one of them Jenny McCarthy types...

In all seriousness, there's no vaccine or even a clue about one that works, so what research have you done?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...In all seriousness, there's no vaccine or even a clue about one that works, so what research have you done?

I agree that there is no approved vaccine. I would not go so far as to say that there is no "clue about one that works". There are 145 in development and some have shown early promise, but need more testing. The process, thus far, has moved faster than any vaccine development in history. Whether that ends up being a good thing or not, remains to be seen.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    WOW! Settle down and take a breathe. I've researched, found varying information, and figured this crowd would have definitive facts.
    I thought level heads would prevail here.

It was just a question, it won't happen again. You seem wound a little tight.

:welcome: to :ingo:. I see you're new here. :):

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I agree that there is no approved vaccine. I would not go so far as to say that there is no "clue about one that works". There are 145 in development and some have shown early promise, but need more testing. The process, thus far, has moved faster than any vaccine development in history. Whether that ends up being a good thing or not, remains to be seen.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html

I stand corrected - it seems there's actually something to research.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...figured this crowd would have definitive facts...

It's not like no one presented definitive facts.

picardwave.gif

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Im good with vaccines that have had proper vetting. Im not good with one that is fast tracked like this along with all of the fear mongering. I will not be partaking in the Wuflu vac trial. Everyone I have talked to recently has also said no. They will be mandated at some facilities im sure but it will not effect me.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There's a few debates on a Covid-19 vaccine, when it becomes available, and whether or not the government can force an individual to be vaccinated.
    Is it legal for the government to force the population to be vaccinated? Does anyone have facts, and a link?

There is no debate about whether state or local governments can force you to be vaccinated. They can. Do not listen to gun shop teeth talk. It is ignorant, foolish and will kill you.

Hough has provided you the SCOTUS case.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There is no debate about whether state or local governments can force you to be vaccinated. They can. Do not listen to gun shop teeth talk. It is ignorant, foolish and will kill you.

Hough has provided you the SCOTUS case.

Should we trust advice from a lawyer that can't seem to master the "Reply With Quote" function on INGO though? :stickpoke:

ETA: I withdraw my objection. Post was corrected. :)

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    When Gerald Ford touted the benefits of the Swine Flu vaccine, and even was videoed allegedly getting the shot, my mother ran out to get hers, and then was rushed to a hospital after a severe reaction to the "vaccine". Thankfully she recovered but after that, I have to say I would wait a long time if a vaccine comes along for Covid-19 and make sure the cure doesn't kill as many as the disease.

Top Bottom