• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    Well add MLB to the NFL as entertainment that will NEVER be aired in my home ever again.

I stopped watching the NFL when they literally ran Tim Tebo out of the league for his deep religious beliefs and forbade him kneeling and praying to God, but will allow kneeling during our national anthem by a group of men that 25-30% have felony records are making millions a year have been treated like Gods most of their lives who claim to be oppressed and are slaves to the team owners.

My God what is happening to my beloved country.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Well add MLB to the NFL as entertainment that will NEVER be aired in my home ever again.

I stopped watching the NFL when they literally ran Tim Tebo out of the league for his deep religious beliefs and forbade him kneeling and praying to God, but will allow kneeling during our national anthem by a group of men that 25-30% have felony records are making millions a year have been treated like Gods most of their lives who claim to be oppressed and are slaves to the team owners.

Business is trying to appease a small whining fraction of the population, while hoping the rest of the country will continue to line their coffers. If the people paying the bills take a knee, the leagues would fold in the blink of an eye. But lots of folks don't seem to care...

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Wouldn't it be awesome if the fans break out and sing the NA before the game or during the 7th inning stretch? I'll never know since I have better things to invest my time and money in than making entitled athletes rich and empowering disconnected woke folk.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

What is your source?

Is it permanent or for games played in empty stadiums? I don;t even know if they are allowing fans when/if they start playing.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It is overplayed. They may go through the motions but most people don't pay a single ounce of attention to the song at all. It doesn't make anyone less patriotic if the song isn't played or our country any worse off.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    It is overplayed.

I agree. It should only be played on days when soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines risk life an limb to protect and defend our freedom, when policemen patrol the streets to keep our cities safe, when the consent of the governed is expressed through the sanctity of a private ballot-box, when free speech rights are maintained, when we live in prosperity and plenitude.

It should only be played on the days when America is the greatest, most free, most benevolent nation in the history of the world.

In short - IT SHOULD BE PLAYED EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm still not seeing any confirmation or sources for this. I can't even find any stories reporting that MLB is even considering not playing the anthem. Unless OP wants to clue us in on where he heard, read or saw this, then I'm calling BS for now.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It is overplayed. They may go through the motions but most people don't pay a single ounce of attention to the song at all. It doesn't make anyone less patriotic if the song isn't played or our country any worse off.
    Don't impose your feelings on everyone. I like hearing it. I stand and sing along when I am at a game.

Top Bottom