• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    If you're so inclined. The Libertarian in me plans on attending!

https://www.facebook.com/events/283797956204438/

Last time I checked this was America...Land of the Free... we are American. These should be CHOICES for individual health, not mandates. Masks mandatory for ALL is overstep. All immune systems are not the same.

Mayor Hogsett & Governor Holcomb have already unlawfully prolonged this lockdown, created unruly stages for us to open, added stage 4.5 (which was not a part of the stages a few weeks ago) & now requiring face coverings anytime you're outside your home. Do you realize this is soon to be a statewide issue?
    This has to end!!!
    Who has the power to end it? We do!!!
    Stand together & defy!!!
    We will not comply!!!

Stand with your fellow Hoosiers against the tyranny. March with us Sunday July 19th at The Indiana Statehouse 4-6p.m.

Let's be loud, let's be proud.
    We need people who want to drive by & honk, wave your American Flags proudly, scream for our Freedoms, & take a stand against this injustice.
    Let's stand up against our ungoverned Government!!!
    Who's in???

[FONT=&amp]
    0mvMTxP.jpg
    [/FONT]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wear a freaking mask if you're in public.

Is that a mandate from on high your lordship. Are you going to snatch me up if I dont because I dont unless the store or facility I am in demands it. Outside no.

So whatcha gonna do. You or the local dip noodle politico's do not have that authority.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Wear a freaking mask if you're in public.

OK serious question. If they mandate you get the vaccine when it's available are you just going to do it and tell everyone else they should too? Even when its going to "pass" FDA approval in a fraction of the time they claim is needed for other drugs and vaccines to prove their effectiveness and evaluate risks and side effects? Because if we just let them demand things like this that's what's going to happen. The science on masks effectiveness is questionable, at best. (At least these loose fitting cloth ones that most of the people are wearing, I'm not talking about N95 or other quality mask.)

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    OK serious question. If they mandate you get the vaccine when it's available are you just going to do it and tell everyone else they should too? Even when its going to "pass" FDA approval in a fraction of the time they claim is needed for other drugs and vaccines to prove their effectiveness and evaluate risks and side effects? Because if we just let them demand things like this that's what's going to happen. The science on masks effectiveness is questionable, at best. (At least these loose fitting cloth ones that most of the people are wearing, I'm not talking about N95 or other quality mask.)

A mask cuts down the amount of particles that you exhale. No, they are not perfect, but they do work. They work a lot better if everyone wears one. The main mode of transmission is airborne particles, so anything we can do to cut back on the amount of those being spewed into the air we breathe, the better.

I'm a cop, and I work in a hospital. My wife works in the ER at a hospital. I'm pretty sure we've both had it by now if we're going to get it. I still wear a mask, mostly to protect the people around me. It's a mask. It's not going to hurt you. I'm not advocating that you take any medications. All I'm saying is that the masks help, and even if they aren't 100% effective, they aren't a big enough inconvenience to throw a fit about.

My wife has asthma, and she has to wear a mask for 12 hours a day. I get it. Wearing a mask isn't comfortable. Wearing a mask is courteous.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    A mask cuts down the amount of particles that you exhale. No, they are not perfect, but they do work. They work a lot better if everyone wears one. The main mode of transmission is airborne particles, so anything we can do to cut back on the amount of those being spewed into the air we breathe, the better.

I'm a cop, and I work in a hospital. My wife works in the ER at a hospital. I'm pretty sure we've both had it by now if we're going to get it. I still wear a mask, mostly to protect the people around me. It's a mask. It's not going to hurt you. I'm not advocating that you take any medications. All I'm saying is that the masks help, and even if they aren't 100% effective, they aren't a big enough inconvenience to throw a fit about.

My wife has asthma, and she has to wear a mask for 12 hours a day. I get it. Wearing a mask isn't comfortable. Wearing a mask is courteous.

10% reduction for a cloth mask, 95% reduction for a respirator.

Why advocate for a cloth mask when it does effectively nothing compared to an N95 respirator?
    Would you tell someone to use cheap gas station sun glasses for eye protection, or a piece of cotton instead of proper hearing protection?

If people want to advocate the mask stuff, at least advocate one that actually does something.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County

First off, thanks for your service to the community as a LEO. I think it's important to say that especially in today's political climate. For me it's not about how comfortable it is or how much of an inconvenience it may or may not be. It's about a mandate that's based on very questionable levels of effectiveness. If laws are able to be put in place for something so questionable, what's next? I'm not trying to be a conspiracy theorist or something but I do believe to a certain extent its becoming about control, or at the very least, politically motivated. I don't disagree with the idea that it's more effective than nothing. I think the science has shown, if used properly, it better than nothing. But again is the level of effectiveness enough to mandate it? I don't think so. I am also of the belief that my health is my business. I get the argument that it's not for me, it's for the person next to me, but to be honest they are not my problem. Now I don't want to sound like I don't care about others because I do, but at the end of the day if they are concerned enough about it they can do something about it. They can stay home, wear hazmat suits, order stuff online, whatever they feel they need to do to avoid it. Much of my strong opinion comes from the fact that most of customers I interact daily that complain about Covid prevention (mask, cleaning, social distancing, etc) could be staying home and just avoiding it if they are that worried. I don't work at an essential business either. Everything I sell is just basically toys for adults (get mind out of gutter folks!). I manage and arts and craft store, nothing essential here. Everyones safety is their own responsibility, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Honestly at this point the reason to wear a mask at such an event isn't covid, it's to avoid being identified and retaliated against.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm out.

If they can't figure out how to use quotation marks or commas, then how can I expect them to handle this?

Dulla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    NWI
    10% reduction for a cloth mask, 95% reduction for a respirator.

Why advocate for a cloth mask when it does effectively nothing compared to an N95 respirator?
    Would you tell someone to use cheap gas station sun glasses for eye protection, or a piece of cotton instead of proper hearing protection?

If people want to advocate the mask stuff, at least advocate one that actually does something.
    Cloth masks don't help protect you from particles but they are effective in helping you avoid infecting someone else if you're asymptomatic. They significantly decrease the amount of particles that the wearers put into the air when they breathe or talk.

It's not about protecting yourself, but protecting everyone from you in case you're infected.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    With all due respect,

Go pound sand...

WTF do we need to this in another thread? Don't we have another thread dedicated to fighting about masks?

Cloth masks don't help protect you from particles but they are effective in helping you avoid infecting someone else if you're asymptomatic. They significantly decrease the amount of particles that the wearers put into the air when they breathe or talk.

It's not about protecting yourself, but protecting everyone from you in case you're infected.

I admire your tenacity, but you'll soon realize some people just don't give a **** about others if there's a slight inconvenience or the slightest hint of perceived tyranny. Explain it all you want, but most have locked into to their positions. (or at least the vocal ones here)

Even if you frame it as risk mitigation - "hey, wearing mask might reduce the likelihood of shutting down businesses." Nope.

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    WTF do we need to this in another thread? Don't we have another thread dedicated to fighting about masks?

I admire your tenacity, but you'll soon realize some people just don't give a **** about others if there's a slight inconvenience or the slightest hint of perceived tyranny. Explain it all you want, but most have locked into to their positions. (or at least the vocal ones here)

Even if you frame it as risk mitigation - "hey, wearing mask might reduce the likelihood of shutting down businesses." Nope.
    And here’s where I become the baby mutilator/grandma killer. **** off. I don’t tell you how to live your life you dont tell
    me how to live mine. Don’t like it tough ****.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And here’s where I become the baby mutilator/grandma killer. **** off. I don’t tell you how to live your life you dont tell
    me how to live mine. Don’t like it tough ****.

:chillpill:

Where did say anything like that? I've never made any such sort of statements, so stand down.

I'm sticking to my story from the beginning, that to act like wearing a mask in store is akin to a trip in a cattle car is just asinine.

Don't want to wear a mask? Fine. I really don't care - I'm not one of those people. But, quit acting like it's some terrible infliction to freedom.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    For the record,this was posted as an information post for a protest against government overreach.

There's another thread to argue the implications of (not) wearing a mask.

If you think the government is stepping on their crank and infringing on individual rights as well as interfering in the private sector without the right to do so, consider attending; or driving by and honking.

If you are in favor of following all government regulations without question, consider scrolling past.

[Sorry, that was supposed to sound more neutral.]

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The whole point of this thread is choices. I choose not to wear one. I chose to go out to breakfast this morning, and I chose to drive out of Marion County, where they have the mandate, and instead, went to Cracker Barrel in Shelbyville. Seating capacity is at about 50%, so I chose to tip my waitress 100%. She earned it. She was bussing tables in between customers, so she could get more people seated, at every other table.

I then chose to shop in Shelby and Hancock counties. **** the bull**** mandates. I will choose to not participate at every available option.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    The whole point of this thread is choices. I choose not to wear one. I chose to go out to breakfast this morning, and I chose to drive out of Marion County, where they have the mandate, and instead, went to Cracker Barrel in Shelbyville. Seating capacity is at about 50%, so I chose to tip my waitress 100%. She earned it. She was busing tables in between customers, so she could get more people seated, at every other table.

I then chose to shop in Shelby and Hancock counties. **** the bull**** mandates. I will choose to not participate at every available option.

To be fair, since I posted it, I can definitively say the point of this thread is to spread the word about a peaceful protest. Not the kind of "peaceful protest" where we get to beat people and steal things.

Having said that, I agree with you 100%. There is a retail store that insisted I wear a mask. I politely stated I would pass, drove 5 minutes to another store, and completed my purchase. The clerk there was polite, friendly, and didn't blink an eye that I wasn't wearing a mask.

Top Bottom