Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

CHOICES for individual health, not mandates -Masks, overreach protest

If you're so inclined. The Libertarian in me plans on attending!

https://www.facebook.com/events/283797956204438/

Last time I checked this was America...Land of the Free... we are American. These should be CHOICES for individual health, not mandates. Masks mandatory for ALL is overstep. All immune systems are not the same.

Mayor Hogsett & Governor Holcomb have already unlawfully prolonged this lockdown, created unruly stages for us to open, added stage 4.5 (which was not a part of the stages a few weeks ago) & now requiring face coverings anytime you're outside your home. Do you realize this is soon to be a statewide issue?
    This has to end!!!
    Who has the power to end it? We do!!!
    Stand together & defy!!!
    We will not comply!!!

Stand with your fellow Hoosiers against the tyranny. March with us Sunday July 19th at The Indiana Statehouse 4-6p.m.

Let's be loud, let's be proud.
    We need people who want to drive by & honk, wave your American Flags proudly, scream for our Freedoms, & take a stand against this injustice.
    Let's stand up against our ungoverned Government!!!
    Who's in???

User Info Menu

Wear a freaking mask if you're in public.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    I'm picturing you curbstomping yourself, ala Fight Club. All while yelling, "don't worry ma'am, he'll leave you alone after this."
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you want a real vintage denim hat, you'll probably have to push a hipster off his fixed gear bicycle and, while he's collecting his PBR cans, grab it off his head and run.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Nervous View Post
    Is that a mandate from on high your lordship. Are you going to snatch me up if I dont because I dont unless the store or facility I am in demands it. Outside no.

So whatcha gonna do. You or the local dip noodle politico's do not have that authority.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Anything is possible

User Info Menu

OK serious question. If they mandate you get the vaccine when it's available are you just going to do it and tell everyone else they should too? Even when its going to "pass" FDA approval in a fraction of the time they claim is needed for other drugs and vaccines to prove their effectiveness and evaluate risks and side effects? Because if we just let them demand things like this that's what's going to happen. The science on masks effectiveness is questionable, at best. (At least these loose fitting cloth ones that most of the people are wearing, I'm not talking about N95 or other quality mask.)
    NRA - Benefactor Life Member, GOA - Member, T2AP - Member, CCRT - Member, SAF - Member, NRA Certified Instructor - Refuse to be a victim program

User Info Menu

Ehh... no thanks. But feel free to do so, if you’re so inclined.
    INGOer #18,319

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62 View Post
    OK serious question. If they mandate you get the vaccine when it's available are you just going to do it and tell everyone else they should too? Even when its going to "pass" FDA approval in a fraction of the time they claim is needed for other drugs and vaccines to prove their effectiveness and evaluate risks and side effects? Because if we just let them demand things like this that's what's going to happen. The science on masks effectiveness is questionable, at best. (At least these loose fitting cloth ones that most of the people are wearing, I'm not talking about N95 or other quality mask.)
    A mask cuts down the amount of particles that you exhale. No, they are not perfect, but they do work. They work a lot better if everyone wears one. The main mode of transmission is airborne particles, so anything we can do to cut back on the amount of those being spewed into the air we breathe, the better.

I'm a cop, and I work in a hospital. My wife works in the ER at a hospital. I'm pretty sure we've both had it by now if we're going to get it. I still wear a mask, mostly to protect the people around me. It's a mask. It's not going to hurt you. I'm not advocating that you take any medications. All I'm saying is that the masks help, and even if they aren't 100% effective, they aren't a big enough inconvenience to throw a fit about.

My wife has asthma, and she has to wear a mask for 12 hours a day. I get it. Wearing a mask isn't comfortable. Wearing a mask is courteous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    I'm picturing you curbstomping yourself, ala Fight Club. All while yelling, "don't worry ma'am, he'll leave you alone after this."
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you want a real vintage denim hat, you'll probably have to push a hipster off his fixed gear bicycle and, while he's collecting his PBR cans, grab it off his head and run.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

With all due respect,

Go pound sand...
    Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

User Info Menu

> In before overweight people with high blood pressure repeating pants-pissing analogies <

User Info Menu

A mask cuts down the amount of particles that you exhale. No, they are not perfect, but they do work. They work a lot better if everyone wears one. The main mode of transmission is airborne particles, so anything we can do to cut back on the amount of those being spewed into the air we breathe, the better.

I'm a cop, and I work in a hospital. My wife works in the ER at a hospital. I'm pretty sure we've both had it by now if we're going to get it. I still wear a mask, mostly to protect the people around me. It's a mask. It's not going to hurt you. I'm not advocating that you take any medications. All I'm saying is that the masks help, and even if they aren't 100% effective, they aren't a big enough inconvenience to throw a fit about.

My wife has asthma, and she has to wear a mask for 12 hours a day. I get it. Wearing a mask isn't comfortable. Wearing a mask is courteous.
    10% reduction for a cloth mask, 95% reduction for a respirator.

Why advocate for a cloth mask when it does effectively nothing compared to an N95 respirator?
    Would you tell someone to use cheap gas station sun glasses for eye protection, or a piece of cotton instead of proper hearing protection?

If people want to advocate the mask stuff, at least advocate one that actually does something.

Do not interrupt your enemy while they are making a mistake.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast