SO . . . .What do you think the odds of the Indy 1500 Show happening in 4 weeks?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    With the new restrictions limiting “social gatherings” to 50 people or less until August 12th, the August 28th Indy 1500 seems like it might be in peril.

Given that it's a hotbed of white nationalists, not to mention bloodthirsty gun nuts, I'm guessing it will be canceled.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Look at how upset people are that they cannot go around spitting on each other over mask mandates. Couple this with the hygiene standards and crowding at the Indy1500 and you will not have a gun show for a very long time.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Look at how upset people are that they cannot go around spitting on each other over mask mandates. Couple this with the hygiene standards and crowding at the Indy1500 and you will not have a gun show for a very long time.

You used "hygiene standards" and "Indy 1500" in the same sentence. Just sayin...

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    From what I've heard from my POC: Blue Ribbon Pavilion, vendors wear masks, some other things, I'll text him for more details.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    No word from the promoter since the last conversation I had with him a couple weeks back. Post #12 is my latest info. I talk to my POC, he talks to the promoter.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You used "hygiene standards" and "Indy 1500" in the same sentence. Just sayin...

People are 0 or 100, not very good at 50. People think being filthy is part of their "freedom". No way that changes soon

No way gun culture people understand masks and use them. They will all be worn around the chin or neck. No way they accept 50% attendance. No way any one washes their hands there. Have you seen the bathrooms there?

I just do not see another 1500 any time this year or next.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    People are 0 or 100, not very good at 50. People think being filthy is part of their "freedom". No way that changes soon

No way gun culture people understand masks and use them. They will all be worn around the chin or neck. No way they accept 50% attendance. No way any one washes their hands there. Have you seen the bathrooms there?

If nobody's washing their hands, the sinks should be spotless. ;)

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Always with them negative waves, Moriarty. I sounds like a renegotiation of spam can storage fees could be on the horizon.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

The rest of this year and 2021, that'd be pretty silly.

Top Bottom