• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Received a warning from my local ag agency about unsolicited chinese seeds being sent to people. New sabotage from china?

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I’m familiar with the import and illegal product dumping China used to offload dangerous hood to America. My opinion is that this is to get customs and import to look for AG items and miss the actual import illegality.

seeds are red herring. Watch for other more problematic imports.

if you ask me, we stop China.
    full stop.
    no caveats.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Here is some news on it:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...eeds-may-mailed-china-states-warn/5516852002/

This is pretty weird.. hope it is not like "The day of the Triffids"!

Ron

Along those same lines, I remember reading a short story about an Earth expedition to a foreign planet. They found sentient life, living in a near utopian society that was primarily agrarian. They seemed to be completely defenseless, but there was evidence that other advanced civilizations had visited the planet because the life forms there had some technology that they didn't know how to use.

But, they invited the Terrans to inhabit the area. They showed how to plant crops for food. But, when those crops started getting attacked by pests, they showed the earthlings which species would would eliminate the pests. But, when those species started causing problems, the natives showed the Terrans which other species to bring in.

Eventually, the necessary species was the one that attacked the humans. So the humans left, quickly, leaving much of their technology....

At least that's how I remember the story going.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Along those same lines, I remember reading a short story about an Earth expedition to a foreign planet. They found sentient life, living in a near utopian society that was primarily agrarian. They seemed to be completely defenseless, but there was evidence that other advanced civilizations had visited the planet because the life forms there had some technology that they didn't know how to use.

But, they invited the Terrans to inhabit the area. They showed how to plant crops for food. But, when those crops started getting attacked by pests, they showed the earthlings which species would would eliminate the pests. But, when those species started causing problems, the natives showed the Terrans which other species to bring in.

Eventually, the necessary species was the one that attacked the humans. So the humans left, quickly, leaving much of their technology....

At least that's how I remember the story going.

Should have been a Star Trek episode...

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    China has been playing with in-depth gene editing for years now.

Hard telling what kind of hell those seeds could bring if someone were dumb enough to plant them... To deny the possibility in this atmosphere would be asinine.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I planted one of mine and it seems to be doing quite well. I don't know what all the hubub is about... ;)

iu

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    China has been playing with in-depth gene editing for years now.

Hard telling what kind of hell those seeds could bring if someone were dumb enough to plant them... To deny the possibility in this atmosphere would be asinine.

Planting them more than likely was not the intent, but to have them tossed into the trash then off to the dump they go to grow unmolested growing as fast as the can.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Reminds me too much of the research on whether terminator genes could jump species.

Top Bottom