• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The executive does not control elections and does not decide when, if, or how they are held. The terms of our constitution are pretty clear on this.

The Democrats are playing into his hands with this insistence on a massive unproven mail-in vote scheme right on the heels of a disastrous and chaotic mail-in primary. If you can wear a mask and go shopping at Walmart, you can wear a mask and go vote. This election needs to be on time, in person, and in accordance with longstanding rules and practices. This is the worst possible time to roll out some new untested nonsense.

Unfortunately, again, the feds have little control over this and the Dem states seem hell bent on mail-in at all costs.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    This all reminds me of Alvin Toffler's book Ecospasm form the 70s. His central premise for the problems was the energy crunch of the 70s which was the big issue of the day, but the actual results are strangely similar

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I know I'll take ground fire as a '4D chesser', but I just can't believe the proffering of this idea is for any reason other than to move the press and the woke in the exact opposite direction. No one can believe it would ever happen, nor can anyone seriously believe conditions will be significantly better in any practicable delay. Any such would need to not delay the change in administrations, and thus would need to be between 3 Nov and 3 Jan or so. Not enough time to allow for much change in the situation. I can only see it as a move to provoke pronouncements from the left about how we must obey the Constitution and the rules it sets forth, which could conceivably play into rejecting mail in voting and other schemes put forth in the interest of 'safety' over integrity

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I know I'll take ground fire as a '4D chesser', but I just can't believe the proffering of this idea is for any reason other than to move the press and the woke in the exact opposite direction. No one can believe it would ever happen, nor can anyone seriously believe conditions will be significantly better in any practicable delay. Any such would need to not delay the change in administrations, and thus would need to be between 3 Nov and 3 Jan or so. Not enough time to allow for much change in the situation. I can only see it as a move to provoke pronouncements from the left about how we must obey the Constitution and the rules it sets forth, which could conceivably play into rejecting mail in voting and other schemes put forth in the interest of 'safety' over integrity

Yup.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Just waving the Twitter laser pointer.

"What? No! We can't change our elections because of the pandemic."

"Good, I agree, we should stick with the established date and system. Glad we could settle that."

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My first thought is he is just casting and reeling in the suckers.

:hooked:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I thought it basically said, the left says it's too dangerous to vote in person, and since mail in has such a risk for fraud...
    I looked it as basically pointing out, we can go to the polls.

GMediC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2020
    US
    Getting pretty close to the line between elected official and dictator.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy

Yup!!! Very seldom, if ever, does a politician make a public pronouncement with no strategy hidden therein. Doesn't matter which side of the aisle they're sitting on, it's not what they say but when and how they say it. It's always calculated to provoke a desired response from "those other guys"! I think Trump and his people are not only good at it but enjoy trying to make 'em squirm.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    It didn't seem like a bad in Wisconsin when the Governor decided to delay an election unilaterally due to the virus.

The people who failed to count farmers in a gym during the Iowa Caucus and still don't know weeks after the NY primary who won, but insist on mail in voting should probably be viewed as a threat to our democracy and ignored.

Trump clearly didn't run this tweet by anyone...

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Getting pretty close to the line between elected official and dictator.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    He's the only person in Washington that went there a billionaire, although a huge percentage of the rest of them started near paupers and became millionaires after their pilgrimage to DC. He doesn't need the job or the bull:poop: that goes with it. It appears he's just speaking his mind and trying to do what's best for the country as he sees it. He could use a lesson in think before you open your mouth but that's just his personality.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yup!!! Very seldom, if ever, does a politician make a public pronouncement with no strategy hidden therein. Doesn't matter which side of the aisle they're sitting on, it's not what they say but when and how they say it. It's always calculated to provoke a desired response from "those other guys"! I think Trump and his people are not only good at it but enjoy trying to make 'em squirm.

So, what was Biden's hidden strategy when he was making his pronouncement about his hairy legs?

As to Trump's latest musing, be it 4D chess or Ambien-induced twaddle - these days, it means about as much to me as a donkey's bray.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    He's the only person in Washington that went there a billionaire, although a huge percentage of the rest of them started near paupers and became millionaires after their pilgrimage to DC. He doesn't need the job or the bull:poop: that goes with it. It appears he's just speaking his mind and trying to do what's best for the country as he sees it. He could use a lesson in think before you open your mouth but that's just his personality.
    [FONT=&amp][/FONT]

You've got the wrong motivator - it's not about money; it's about ego.

Top Bottom