• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Iran humiliated as they completely bungle symbolic sinking of fake US warship blocking entry to main naval port

I wish our MSM could write articles With this much style. This is from Britain’s The Sun.

Anyway. The Iranians have a mock up of a Nimitz class aircraft carrier that they like to pretend sinking for propaganda purposes Against the Great Satan.

however the mock up turned turtle and sank near the entrance of their biggest, most important naval base at the Strait of Hormuz, possibly presenting a hazard to navigation to their own ships getting in and out of the harbor.

Oops

Anybody know if this mock up is actually full size? Even just a mock up of the Nimitz class aircraft carrier would be a hell of a project.

The article claims Iran does not have the capability to refloat it.

Allahu Akbar!

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Search "Iran humiliated Navy", this came up.

iran-us-navy-detained-feature-hero.jpg

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Add this to the list of 2020 embarrassments.

1.) Shooting down a civilian airliner thinking the US is coming to bomb you
    2.) Sinking one of your own ships in a friendly fire incident
    3.) Having your propaganda mockup not even float and end up blocking your main shipping port

Still baffles my mind how anyone can think they're a threat to anyone but themselves.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Still baffles my mind how anyone can think they're a threat to anyone but themselves.

They are not very competent As a conventional military, but they have been very deadly i irregular warfare and terrorism, and using proxies To do their dirty work. There are a lot of dead GIs and Marines and Israelis and Arabs due their effectiveness at unconventional warfare.

And if they ever get a working nuke…

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The mock up was not full size, IIRK it was about 2/3rds size. It had mock aircraft on the mock deck. It was quite the propaganda project but completely useless as a training aid. Nevertheless they dropped troops on it, simulated boarding from sea, drove their watercraft versions of a Toyota HiLux around it and then sank it. All while unmanned, undefended and not moving.

To say they are idiots is an insult to actual idiots. They believe their own press though so I'm sure it's a success in their stone age fanatic minds.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Assuming it is the same one that they used in previous war games/target practice, it isn't quite a full size replica - maybe 60%. Still pretty big, though.

Quick googling:
    1080.jpg

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    ...then Tehran will be a massive smoking crater.

Only if somebody else’s city is turned into a craterfirst. I’m not even then if it’s an American city and Joe is president. are smart enough to use it to extract “concessions” from the rest of the world, and demented Joe and his replacement will be only too happy to sell off Israel, all the oil in the Middle East (while killing our oil industry at the same time) and turn the national Cathedral into a mosque to Appease them.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Imagine the mindset, people that would be practicing to sink a naval vessel with nuclear reactors on board in their own waters.
    And imagine the mindset of people who would send the nuclear powered vessels into the waters of a nation intentionally provoked into being hostile.
    This is really messed up, at least since TPAJAX... and the rest is history.

Top Bottom