• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    So...the story was a firecracker factory blew up...then it was an ammonium nitrate cache...then it was a bomb detonating other explosives...

My question...why is the media so quiet about this?

Is it because:

1. Still trying to find a way to blame Trump?
    2. Haven't found a way to fuel the Anti-America fires?
    3. Trying to get it to fit their agenda of Marxist democrat boosting?
    4. The whole Blame America First effort isn't easily tied to this?

In my dark little imagination, I am hoping it was like 200 radical Muslim Jew Hating Hezzbollah accidentally setting off their next bomb....that would be hilarious.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Eh, this is a "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" moment.
    This couldn't have happened in a more deserving place. Anyone remember 1983?
    Let's just call this Marine Corp karma and just sit back and enjoy the moment

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Eh, this is a "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" moment.
    This couldn't have happened in a more deserving place. Anyone remember 1983?
    Let's just call this Marine Corp karma and just sit back and enjoy the moment

Hell yes I remember it. I hope this isn't all the Karma we get to hand back for that.

It IS a good start.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So, Karma is over 100 innocent people dead, and thousands injured, with damage homes, etc.?

You're right. It's only about 1/3 Karma.

On October 23, 1983, two truck bombs struck buildings in Beirut, Lebanon, housing American and French service members of the Multinational Force in Lebanon, a military peacekeeping operation during the Lebanese Civil War. The attack killed 307 people: 241 U.S. and 58 French military personnel, six civilians, and two attackers.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    My bet is on simple incompetence, negligence, and corruption related to the nitrate storage.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You're right. It's only about 1/3 Karma.

On October 23, 1983, two truck bombs struck buildings in Beirut, Lebanon, housing American and French service members of the Multinational Force in Lebanon, a military peacekeeping operation during the Lebanese Civil War. The attack killed 307 people: 241 U.S. and 58 French military personnel, six civilians, and two attackers.

So because a terrorist organization attacked a military barracks during a civil war and kill solders, it's all good that innocent civilians who coincidentally live in the same city, almost thirty later, get killed?

That's harsh.

I suppose the analogous would be that hurricanes are Karma for the South's rebellion.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My bet is on simple incompetence, negligence, and corruption related to the nitrate storage.

This.

Still not sure if it's was decomposition of the ammonium nitrate which would account for a lot of the red cloud of incompletely used NO2, still seems like a awfully big bang for no fuel component.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    So...the story was a firecracker factory blew up...then it was an ammonium nitrate cache...then it was a bomb detonating other explosives...

Is it because:

In my dark little imagination, I am hoping it was like 200 radical Muslim Jew Hating Hezzbollah accidentally setting off their next bomb....that would be hilarious.

I don't even listen to the big/social media news anymore, if it not global warming or "orange man bad" they don't run it. You could probably chalk up the non interest to all of the above.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana

Is it because:

What is your media feed? I see plenty of news on it.. the current story is a Russian ship was stopped back in 2016 ( or 14?) that had 3000 tons of AN .. it sat there decomposing until BOOM..
    A welding spark might have started the fire..

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    What is your media feed? I see plenty of news on it.. the current story is a Russian ship was stopped back in 2016 ( or 14?) that had 3000 tons of AN .. it sat there decomposing until BOOM..
    A welding spark might have started the fire..

Well...I don't have a media feed. I'd rather be lied to by friends than lied to by strangers.

Top Bottom