Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54

Thread: Beirut - Who dun it?

  1. #1
    Grandmaster

    User Info Menu

    Beirut - Who dun it?

    So...the story was a firecracker factory blew up...then it was an ammonium nitrate cache...then it was a bomb detonating other explosives...

    My question...why is the media so quiet about this?

    Is it because:

    1. Still trying to find a way to blame Trump?
    2. Haven't found a way to fuel the Anti-America fires?
    3. Trying to get it to fit their agenda of Marxist democrat boosting?
    4. The whole Blame America First effort isn't easily tied to this?

    In my dark little imagination, I am hoping it was like 200 radical Muslim Jew Hating Hezzbollah accidentally setting off their next bomb....that would be hilarious.

  2. #2
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Eh, this is a "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" moment.
    This couldn't have happened in a more deserving place. Anyone remember 1983?
    Let's just call this Marine Corp karma and just sit back and enjoy the moment

  3. #3
    Grandmaster

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jerrob View Post
    Eh, this is a "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" moment.
    This couldn't have happened in a more deserving place. Anyone remember 1983?
    Let's just call this Marine Corp karma and just sit back and enjoy the moment
    Hell yes I remember it. I hope this isn't all the Karma we get to hand back for that.

    It IS a good start.

  4. #4
    INGO Homebrewer JettaKnight's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    So, Karma is over 100 innocent people dead, and thousands injured, with damage homes, etc.?
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

  5. #5
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    So, Karma is over 100 innocent people dead, and thousands injured, with damage homes, etc.?
    You're right. It's only about 1/3 Karma.

    On October 23, 1983, two truck bombs struck buildings in Beirut, Lebanon, housing American and French service members of the Multinational Force in Lebanon, a military peacekeeping operation during the Lebanese Civil War. The attack killed 307 people: 241 U.S. and 58 French military personnel, six civilians, and two attackers.

  6. #6
    Grandmaster cosermann's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    My bet is on simple incompetence, negligence, and corruption related to the nitrate storage.
    Nothing is everything, but everything is something. - Ayoob

  7. #7
    INGO Homebrewer JettaKnight's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    You're right. It's only about 1/3 Karma.

    On October 23, 1983, two truck bombs struck buildings in Beirut, Lebanon, housing American and French service members of the Multinational Force in Lebanon, a military peacekeeping operation during the Lebanese Civil War. The attack killed 307 people: 241 U.S. and 58 French military personnel, six civilians, and two attackers.
    So because a terrorist organization attacked a military barracks during a civil war and kill solders, it's all good that innocent civilians who coincidentally live in the same city, almost thirty later, get killed?



    That's harsh.



    I suppose the analogous would be that hurricanes are Karma for the South's rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

  8. #8
    Grandmaster indiucky's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Aliens......Possibly Sasquatch......
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

  9. #9
    Grandmaster BugI02's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    So, Karma is over 100 innocent people dead, and thousands injured, with damage homes, etc.?
    I take exception to the idea that there are 'innocent' people in the ME
    Just because individuals make poor decisions it doesn't mean governments make better ones

  10. #10
    Grandmaster MindfulMan's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    I take exception to the idea that there are 'innocent' people in the ME
    Do you really feel that way ? What about babies that are dead, or buried in the rubble ? If not innocent, what are their crimes......being born ?



Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •