• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Trump pissed him off in a tweet...so he's pretty much a snot sucking commie now.

I heard Levin mention something to this effect on his radio show the other day. I’m not a daily news junkie so I haven’t seen much of his recent stuff, but he basically said that Grudge is mainstream now and pushes the narrative.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Well, if you listen to the interview, Drudge was never really a conservative. He and Breitbart butted heads about anti-Obama stories, and Drudge even told him, "I don't care if Obama is bad for the country, he's great for my website."

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Lots of alternatives to Drudge if you look for them. Hard to break the habit of checking his page, BUT, I'm increasingly finding that the Drudge Report provides no added value as there's little on his page that can't be found by scanning the mainstream media. At the same time, I've found a number of interesting pieces scanning other aggregators. Things that WOULD have been on Drudge back in in "the day," but he ignores now to further the narrative.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, if you listen to the interview, Drudge was never really a conservative. He and Breitbart butted heads about anti-Obama stories, and Drudge even told him, "I don't care if Obama is bad for the country, he's great for my website."

Thus proving it is all about the money. Revenue streams. Click bait monetizing etc and so on.

Follow the money.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    The Drudge Report, as you remember it, has been sold and new ownership if left leaning.

Did you listen the interview? The author of the book found no evidence to support that, and everyone he interviewed who knows him doubts Drudge's ego would permit him to let someone else to run it.

Top Bottom